Lots of one-liner TAFs this morning...enjoy!

scottd

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
scottd

Last edited:
It's because of global warming!!! :D

A few weeks back I did see VFR conditions across the entire country with the exception of one little cell in NE Texas. Other than that it was all green open squares and 1/2 and 1/4 circles on the METARs

I did see they were all in a line. I hope that purple and blue in Canada stays there for the next week. I'm headed to the Upper Peninsula for the weekend.

Now if you can wave a magic wand and make it the same for mid-late July, I would be happy. Realistically, I know what late July brings along the east coast and the Ohio Valley.:hairraise::hairraise:

KPAE 301207Z 3012/0112 14006KT P6SM -SHRA BKN012 OVC025
TEMPO 3012/3016 3SM -SHRA BR BKN008 OVC015
FM301600 18007KT 5SM -SHRA BR BKN012 OVC022
FM302100 22007KT P6SM -SHRA BKN022 OVC035
FM010300 33005KT P6SM VCSH BKN035 BKN070

:cryin:

"Take my weather, please."

"I tell ya, I get no respect, even my weather won't stick around."

And here I thought the thread title meant TAF was ready for Vegas.

You can have northern Arizona's wx, too.

It took both of us to land the 172 at KFLG last Sunday--gusting to 39. Tower told us to stay out of his Class D for a few minutes when I called in. Seems that a Malibu cartwheeled off the runway and they had to move it out of the way. Interesting indeed . . . landing just past a wounded bird off in the grass.

Maybe the winds will ease up before my check ride (now pushed back to 7/18). Assuming I get my ticket, then I'll have to dodge the big clouds now that the Monsoon is gearing up for the season.

If the air is that dry won't it be hard for T-Storms to develop. I mean you do need a lifting source, unstable air and..................moisture, don't you?

I will admit I am skew-T illiterate. The online explanations have failed on me.

If the air is that dry won't it be hard for T-Storms to develop. I mean you do need a lifting source, unstable air and..................moisture, don't you?

Dry now. Shonuff.

But calls are for T-storm possibilities this weekend and throughout much of next week. Wet stuff is coming. From our neighbors to the south.:lightning:

It's because of global warming!!! :D

A few weeks back I did see VFR conditions across the entire country with the exception of one little cell in NE Texas. Other than that it was all green open squares and 1/2 and 1/4 circles on the METARs

Guess where I am? I haven't flown since Friday. Winds were supposed to be reasonable and then about an hour ago they picked up to high gusts and the visibility went to a half mile haze.

Very frustrating.

Doc

The t-storms really got started here just after sunset.

SPECI KAPA 010517Z 19006KT 7SM TSRA SCT070 OVC100 15/13 A3007 RMK AO2 TSB14 OCNL LTGCGIC OHD TS OHD MOV NE P0001

They show it still raining, but don't mention the light hail I'm having on and off three miles West. :)

This has become a great thread. I especially like how Scott shows his thought process and wx products to support it. This bit of handholding is never a bad thing.

The t-storms really got started here just after sunset.

SPECI KAPA 010517Z 19006KT 7SM TSRA SCT070 OVC100 15/13 A3007 RMK AO2 TSB14 OCNL LTGCGIC OHD TS OHD MOV NE P0001

They show it still raining, but don't mention the light hail I'm having on and off three miles West. :)
But with that SPECI TAF, I would expect hail.

Back