Lost spell check:

pmanton

En-Route
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
N1431A
This all started when I began getting nag screens from Microsoft saying my office was illegal. (It wasn't) I finally decided to uninstall Office and re-install it. I have a copy of Office 97 which when re-installed seemed to eliminate Microsoft's nag screen. (Thanks Microsoft for putting spyware on my computer without my consent--and thanks for the unjust accusation:mad3:)

Now that it's all over and done with I have no spell check in Outlook Express. My spell check in Word is set up and functioning but nothing in my email)

Any hints about restoring it would be appreciated.

Oh and how do I get rid of that @#$%%#@#--- paperclip It has been so long since I originally installed Office that I can't remember how to end its miserable existence.

Thanks

Paul
N1431A
2AZ1

Paul,
I'm no longer running those versions, so can't give you specific help, but...
1) for the paperclip, right-click on it and you should see something in the menu like "disable office assistant". Do the obvious thing. :)
2) In the newer version of Outlook 2007 (not Express), Tools->Options->Spelling tab is where you go to toggle the spelling. Otherwise, you can look to see if there's somewhere that you can tell it to use Word as your e-mail editor.

English spell check was removed from Outlook Express. You can google this and get a spell checker program, which I did, but wasn't happy with it, so I switched to Outlook. Outlook uses the Word spell checker.

Back