"Lost my RIO"

That's some story! I'm surprised it would have never occurred to the captain to keep his hand from the eject handle unless he intended on pulling it. It didn't state his experience as a flight officer but the appearance was he wasn't one. If not, I'd think he would still have been briefed on use of ejection seats since he had also flown in Intruders and Vikings.

That was a great read. Thanks Greg. Yeah, it sounds like the guy went to grab something when they rolled inverted and grabbed the wrong handle.

:hairraise:

Glad they were both OK.

That was a great read. Thanks Greg. Yeah, it sounds like the guy went to grab something when they rolled inverted and grabbed the wrong handle.

:hairraise:

Glad they were both OK.

That first step is a doozy!

Though the story posted on the 26th, this story sounds old.

Heck, it probably was the basis of, and inspiration for, the Season 8 JAG episode "Heart and Soul" where the same situation happened. Harm takes Chegwidden up, and does an inverted cockpit check. Chegwidden, having previously slightly loosened his straps to umm... facilitate "out-gassing" and not knowing where to put his hands brushes the eject handle and out he goes.

--Carlos V.

Back