Loss of speed T206h

Rallen007

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Robert
I have flown my T206h for over 7 years now, I fly it almost weekly to commute from idaho to Montana, me air speeds have all of a sudden changed from around 125 indicated to 106 ish, TAS has gone from 155-160 to 135-140 Ground speed matches the wind correction calculations, so the plane all of a sudden developed a lack of speed problem,
I fly the plane 28.5 on the manifold, 2350 Rpm burning about 18.5 Gph..
I usually fly in the high teens VFR.. I purchased the plane new and it now has around 1550 hours on the tach...

even when descending 1200-1500' fpm it only shows 130 ish for the IAS....before this problem, anything over about 600 fpm would have put it in the yellow, i have had the pitot and altimeters certified, and then documented cht egt temps to all be normal, there seems to be some sort of drag on the plane that's slowing it down 15-20 it's
I usually fly alone with nothing more than my overnight bag,, the plane has the G1000 in it, gap seals, VG's and flint tip tanks....

Help please, what say all of you?

broken manifold in the pitot
plug in the pitot drain
Are you making the same speeds over the ground?

The failure to record a proper speed on descent is most likely an instrumentation problem assuming the ground speed is keeping up.

The issue is cruise is more concerning. If you are all of sudden slower I would bet you lost compression in a cylinder probably . . . . fixed gear is not a hanging gear. is it turning? If not - its not a flap.

It may not be drag . . .

Camshaft lobes spalling? What does your oil (or oil analysis) look like?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back