Looks like he's flying..

It doesnt say in a 150. Just looks like a pic he pulled off the internet.

But $2500 per person is crazy!!:yikes:

This guy is insane. At least put a pic of the space shuttle in there or something cool.

I remember the real burning man, way back. Now, you can't stay for under $1000. Sad.

Sounds like holding out to me. For that price I'll drive.

The price may seem steep, but I bet he'll get it. People are nuts about burning man, and are willing to pay. The massive traffic jams alone deter me from wanting to go.

Yeah, WTF happened to Burning Man?:dunno:

The same thing that happened to classic rock stations and XM/Sirius. Go mainstream, start catering to the lowest common denominator and you become bastardized and a mere shadow of your former self.

As you're so fond to say..."follow the money."

The same thing that happened to classic rock stations and XM/Sirius. Go mainstream, start catering to the lowest common denominator and you become bastardized and a mere shadow of your former self.

As you're so fond to say..."follow the money."

Sad isn't it?

One would have to assume if he posted a pic of a British 150 there could be a few scenarios..
A. He's hiding from the FAA by not posting his actual plane since he's not a 135 op..
B. He knows nothing about flying and is out to scam some poor (well off) burning man enthusiasts.
C. If he was 135 he'd post it.. And at the very least say he was a "commercial pilot"
E. Or he and his 5 buddies are departing from those airports and holding out to get passengers

Last edited:
One would have to assume if he posted a pic of a British 150 there could be a few scenarios..
A. He's hiding from the FAA by not posting his actual plane since he's not a 135 op..
B. He knows nothing about flying and is out to scam some poor (well off) burning man enthusiasts.
C. If he was 135 he'd post it.. And at the very least say he was a "commercial pilot"
E. Or he and his 5 buddies are departing from those airports and holding out to get passengers

Any of them is possible, and a combination likely.

What kind of ratings is one likely to have having flown F18's for the Navy? Speaking of which, I need to record that game today...

What kind of ratings is one likely to have having flown F18's for the Navy? Speaking of which, I need to record that game today...

Well, an F-18 type rating seems obvious.

Somehow I doubt this clown is planning on flying 5 Sierra crossings in summer in a 150. Probably a six-seater, hopefully a turbine at that price.

None that carry over into the civilian world. Coming out of the Navy one would qualify for Commercial or ATP depending on hours, these days ATP most likely, in the 80s you might have come out of 6 years with 750hrs.

You still have to take the civilian tests to get the license.

It doesnt say in a 150. Just looks like a pic he pulled off the internet.

But $2500 per person is crazy!!:yikes:

The reason is anyone flying GA to burning man is looking to wreck their aircraft. If the sand is blowing, like it is now, your engine pukes and your pistons fill with sand. If you don't find 40kt xwinds, then landing on the temp airfield there is like landing on the moon...esp the crater parts.

Last edited:
Back