Looks like another Cirrus CAPS save

There's an airport about 3-4mi SW of the supposed crash location, FWIW, and several decent-looking highways that might be useful. Not to say he did anything wrong with the deployment since we don't know the circumstances of course...

"no injuries" pretty much eliminates "did anything wrong"...

"no injuries" pretty much eliminates "did anything wrong"...

Yup. Close to 100% living rate with chute pulled vs some unknown percentage otherwise, possibly much less. I know which I'd go with.

I'm pretty sure the odds favor a CAPS deployment over landing on a highway in a built up area.

There's an airport about 3-4mi SW of the supposed crash location, FWIW, and several decent-looking highways that might be useful. Not to say he did anything wrong with the deployment since we don't know the circumstances of course...

Ted, you ignorant slut. :D

The highways are all too congested to attempt an engine out landing. I think She did a wonderfull job.

With so many factors unknown, to say that the parachute "saved" them is not much different from claiming that NOT using a parachute "saved" someone who made a successful forced landing of the conventional nature.

Of course, if you've ever been to Massachusetts you'll know that there are a LOT of trees there and not many open fields to be found.

Back