Looking up missed questions on IFR written?

ruthsindelar

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Ruth
My student is taking her IFRbcheckride later his week....yeah! She did well on her written test & we reviewed the questions she knew she missed

Is ther a websit I can look up the specific question &/or general subject? Missed code are ... PLT041, 049; 083 088; 135, 185, 288, 300. Not a bad performance .....85%

Thanks for any leads!

I found this on the FAA web page. It lists all the questions with the associated question knowlege area reference. It downloads a pdf file and you can word search for the test question numbers. Sorry for the font size.. it's how the cut and paste went from the FAA Web page.

06/25/2009
Bank: (Instrument Rating)
Airman Knowledge Test Question Bank
The FAA computer-assisted testing system is supported by a series of supplement publications. These
publications, available through several aviation publishers, include the graphics, legends, and maps that
are needed to successfully respond to certain test items. Use the following URL to download a

complete list of associated supplement books:
http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/airmen/

test_questions/

The Learning Statement Reference Guide for Airman Knowledge Testing contains listings of learning

statements with their associated codes. It can be located at:

http://www.faa.gov/training_testing/testing/
airmen/media/LearningStatementReferenceGuide.pdf

Last edited:
Ruth:

I don't think the specific missed questions are reported anymore, just the "topic area" codes. That means you need to review the entire topic not just the specific question.

Also the published list of questions that Bill posted is incomplete. It has representative questions on each Learning Area but not all of them.

I've attached a list of questions in those areas that I have.

Joe

Attachments

• MissedQuestionsForRuth.pdf
    228.8 KB · Views: 22
Ruth:

I don't think the specific missed questions are reported anymore, just the "topic area" codes. That means you need to review the entire topic not just the specific question.

That's correct, she will need to review the topic area and not the specific questions.

Also the published list of questions that Bill posted is incomplete. It has representative questions on each Learning Area but not all of them.

I've attached a list of questions in those areas that I have.

Joe

Thanks to all of you for helping me with this question. Joe, your attachment was extremely helpful. Thank you for sharing.

My student nailed the IFR practical! Way cool! Thanks for helping me during crunch time....

Back