Looking for Southern California pilot to time build with: $40 p/h C152

Khamilton72

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Khamilton72
Hi everyone,

I'm currently working on my IR, and I plan to continue through my commercial license. After I wrap up with my IR, I'm still going to need about 90 more hours. I rent a C-152 out of Santa Monica Airport for $80 an hour wet, and was wondering if anyone else is time building and would be interested in flying with me and splitting the costs. One of us would have to wear a hood and the other would act as a safety pilot, but let me know if you would be interested. Currently a starving college student, so any bit of a break I can finagle helps and I'm willing to negotiate. Thanks, and hope everyone has a Merry Christmas

Maybe this can be a sticky! I am also looking for a safety pilot / someone to share flying costs with at an airport 30 minutes west of Minneapolis MN and about 45 minutes SE of St Cloud Minnesota starting early February. Right now their current 172 rates are 65 an hour wet as they are a flying club. In this case, I am starting my IR and looking to go on epic cross country trips with someone to build time and alternate as safety pilot and simulated instrument time and split the costs.

Did you find someone? And if so, how did you find them?

Last edited:
Wow that's very cheap 80 an hour.. I will doing my ir soon also.. In la all the time for work.. I'm going to hit you up in like a month maybe we could do a few flights together..

Wow that's very cheap 80 an hour.. I will doing my ir soon also.. In la all the time for work.. I'm going to hit you up in like a month maybe we could do a few flights together..

For sure! I'm flying out of KLGB now...had an issue with the FBO I was using there. Long Beach has 152s for $81 an hour, and 172s/Piper Warriors for $107. The Cessnas tend to be pretty busy so you have to book a little bit in advance, but the Warriors are almost always available. The planes are older, and the club does have a $20 monthly membership fee but I figure its worth it if you are doing enough flying. My IFR checkride is next Sunday, so I'll be time building for my commercial afterwards. Definitely down to act as a safety pilot for you, or even go on some XC so you can get that 50 hours if you havent already.

I have a friend who is a Private Pilot that I've known for a while, but otherwise I've been asking around the airport. Havent tried this yet so don't know how current it is, but found this website as well: http://www.pilotsharetheride.com/account/default.asp?Search=pilots

I am in the Southern California area and in the same boat as you, working towards IFR/Commercial. Also a starving college student :)

Message me so we can discuss more.

Go to MT Cessna 150s rent for $60/hr wet.

Hey guys in SOCAL I am interesting in splitting time. I am only in the USA 1 out of every 3 months but love flying GA airplanes. I have my ATP a few type ratings and about 9000 hours but still rent 172's and PA28's for the 100 dollar hamburgers. I live close to SNA but will drive to any basin airport. PM ME if you are interested.

Gary

Doesnt SMO have a $20 landing fee? Not the best place to do some time building.

Last post on this was a while ago, but if anybody new has come along recently maybe we can discuss opportunities to share/timebuild in So Cal. Got plane, need fuel.

Back