Looking for seneca instructor in SF bayarea

rhvpilot

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
RHV PILOT
Hello,

I am trying to get my Multi instrument add on, in Seneca ii. There are many CFIs with a lot of experience but I am hoping to find someone with Seneca experience.

Please pass the information. I appreciate the help.

Thanks

Not sure I'd limit myself to high seneca time CFIs, as I recall from my brief time in them, shy of the oddball spoiler/aileron delete STC ones, they are pretty basic vanilla trainer twins.

I am hoping to find somebody who doesn't have to do familiarization flight and then get comfortable flight.
The other example flew the plane like aerobatic which was his version of "short field take off". I see so many schools online offering MEI add on a weekend or so.

Sounds like you just need a EXPERIENCED CFI, like a ATP who instructs on the side. I'd wager most any high time MEI is going to be familiar enough to not need to get familiar with a senica

Just curious, what exactly did he do on the short field that was aerobatic?

Sounds like you just need a EXPERIENCED CFI, like a ATP who instructs on the side. I'd wager most any high time MEI is going to be familiar enough to not need to get familiar with a senica

Just curious, what exactly did he do on the short field that was aerobatic?

I agree that a Seneca isn't a complicated twin and any experienced MEI should be able to handle it but the FARs require an MEI to have 5 hours of PIC in make and model before they can instruct in it.

Indeed, just saying probably any ATP/CFI with a few thousand hours to his name can probably dig up 5hrs of sennica time out of his logs

He either is buying or has already bought the Sennica I believe...nothing wrong with looking for a CFI that is intimately familiar with the plane and understands its characteristics as opposed to someone that just has a few hours in it.

Well you could always recruit a ATP Inc instructor, probably "teach" you for free for food scraps :)

Shawn,
I just purchased a Seneca ii and trying to get MEI add on in it.
There are many schools doing accelerated MEI in 3-4 days. But seems like, I am not making much progress!

I was hoping if I could find someone with Seneca experience, he wouldn't have to explore and learn the plane himself while I am paying for the CFI time.

Seems like in most scenarios, I am the one, reminding CFI the speeds for different phases of flight etc.

UOTE="James331, post: 2117925, member: 18843"]Well you could always recruit a ATP Inc instructor, probably "teach" you for free for food scraps :)[/QUOTE]

Where do you find those!!:)

To my knowledge, none of the local outfits has a Seneca on the line, but I'm pretty sure you already know that. They all rent Barons.

I seem to recall an experimental Seneca running around PAO (one of the engines had been replaced with an electric motor). Maybe another Seneca operator might have an idea.

You need a certain number of hours for insurance, and my understanding is that AMEL isn't that hard an add-on. Maybe slow isn't that bad?

Call Jamie Moffat at SCK. I don't have her number handy, but she's a charter pilot and an excellent CFI. If you call the folks at Atlantic Aviation in Stockton, they can put you in touch with her. She flies 421's and other twins for several private owners and would be perfect. Tell her Jim's friend Brad (Tampico guy) sent you.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back