Looking for Room

SkyHog

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Everything Offends Me
So it looks like I'm going to be riding my bike out to Gastons. I can't stand to not go, and I have a bunch of free gas cards that will get me there pretty close to free.

Anyone have a spot for me? Even if its a couch/floor/anything?

If it helps, I don't smoke anymore.

So it looks like I'm going to be riding my bike out to Gastons. I can't stand to not go, and I have a bunch of free gas cards that will get me there pretty close to free.

Congrats on the big step!

All our beds are spoken for, but we could get a cot or something for you! .

Congrats Nick. I just crossed over 150 days of being dip free after 25 years and can definitely appreciate what you're going through.

We have 4 in the cabin but can offer up a piece of floor if you'd like.

Kevin, make sure you introduce yourself. Put a face with the name on your quote. LOL

Hey Nick,

You can room with the film crew if you still need a room. We have one of the two room cabins so I am sure there is some space. I am not sure what cabin number I have but I will be there Thursday late night (after midnight I think)

Let me know if you still need a place to crash.

-Will

I am not sure what cabin number I have but I will be there Thursday late night (after midnight I think)
Will, You are aware that Gaston's is an unlit turf runway that tends to get covered with fog at night, right? :dunno::yes: I thought you were planning on flying in, so wanted to make sure that you weren't planning on flying in after dark. That is strongly discouraged, especially for first timers. Forgive me if you already knew this or it is in any other way unneeded. But I also didn't want others to get the idea that they should try night landings at Gaston's.:hairraise::no:

(Yes, a few returnees have come in around or somewhat after dusk, and it's been the source of some conversation and the creation of the Braille One approach.)

Edit: I thought you were coming in with Kent after coming via the sausage casing. He isn't planning on flying in after dark, is he?

Last edited:
Will, You are aware that Gaston's is an unlit turf runway that tends to get covered with fog at night, right? :dunno::yes: I thought you were planning on flying in, so wanted to make sure that you weren't planning on flying in after dark. That is strongly discouraged, especially for first timers. Forgive me if you already knew this or it is in any other way unneeded. But I also didn't want others to get the idea that they should try night landings at Gaston's.:hairraise::no:

(Yes, a few returnees have come in around or somewhat after dusk, and it's been the source of some conversation and the creation of the Braille One approach.)

Edit: I thought you were coming in with Kent after coming via the sausage casing. He isn't planning on flying in after dark, is he?

Hey Grant,

Thanks for the concern. No I am flying in at night. I thought I would fly my 737 in instead of my Arrow. Mostly because of the weight of my equipment. I know Gaston's can't support such a large plane so I figure I will land in Little Rock and rent a car to get us the rest of the way. LOL

No no it really worked out best for the crew if we flew in on SouthWest. But thanks for the heads up. See you all soon.

Oh and yes Kent is bummed I am not flying the Arrow or flying with him. I think I need to buy him a few beers before he will forgive me. Hee hee

-Will

Hey Grant,

Thanks for the concern. No I am flying in at night. I thought I would fly my 737 in instead of my Arrow. Mostly because of the weight of my equipment. I know Gaston's can't support such a large plane so I figure I will land in Little Rock and rent a car to get us the rest of the way. LOL

No no it really worked out best for the crew if we flew in on SouthWest. But thanks for the heads up. See you all soon.

Oh and yes Kent is bummed I am not flying the Arrow or flying with him. I think I need to buy him a few beers before he will forgive me. Hee hee

-Will
I figured it was probably something like that. Drive carefully. Those roads are dark and windy, and the White river gets its name, I'm told, from the fog that it puts out as the air cools at night. Look forward to seeing you there!

I would have forgiven you for not flying in with me in the 182, if we had flown in the Arrow from CA. Doh! ;)

Better make it a few margaritas. :yes: :D

BTW Nick, looking forward to seeing you there! :yes:

Hey Nick! That's great you're coming! I've still got a couch open if you need one.

Kaye

Nick, I am just going for the day. Too many obligations going on around here. I was planning on riding myself but I need to get back. If your butt can't take it anymore, I am about six miles north of I-44 which is the road that comes in from OKC to Tulsa. I have no idea your routing. It's about another 3 to 4 hours from here to 3M0. If I am home, give me a shout. I am sure Dawn wouldn't feel comfortable if I wasn't. My dad is coming in that weekend but I have two couches.

Back