Looking for hangar space in Denver area, especially near DIA. Anyone here @ CO12?

FloridaFlier_86

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
FloridaFlier_86
Professional pilot relocating to Denver area in near future and looking for (heated!) hangar space my kitfox 5 which is complete and flying. Also interested in getting an enclosed trailer for it (wings can fold in about 15 minutes) if anyone has a 15 x 30 ish space near their hangar with power available preferably.
Just went to van aire skyport the other day and looked around, looks like a fun place but not in the market to buy a million dollar home.
Also been to Everitt and was toured around by Mack, but all he has currently is an open hangar or a space in an unheated shared hangar where Id have to fold my wings. That’s currently my back pocket option…

There are several people here in the Denver area (not me), maybe find some other threads and post there ?

I know that Denver hangar space is limited and expensive and people mention Ft Collin’s or the space port. I’d start there.

KCFO building more hangars including large ones that can park 2-3 RVs or equivalent. They’ll have heat but the county hangars won’t. The county hangars do have electricity, so I have an engine heater,that I forgot to plug in today and i really did want to go flying tomorrow…..

KCFO building more hangars including large ones that can park 2-3 RVs or equivalent. They’ll have heat but the county hangars won’t. The county hangars do have electricity, so I have an engine heater,that I forgot to plug in today and i really did want to go flying tomorrow…..
Maybe you could get a wifi controlled outlet if theres any wifi ?

There are several people here in the Denver area (not me), maybe find some other threads and post there ?

I know that Denver hangar space is limited and expensive and people mention Ft Collin’s or the space port. I’d start there.
What threads? There's no regional forums on here are there? I read through one called "denver colorado area " but that's from two years ago.

What threads? There's no regional forums on here are there? I read through one called "denver colorado area " but that's from two years ago.
There are about 30+ people here in the Denver area, aka the Front Range, which is the geographic area on the east side of the Rockies that categorizes the urban area that runs from Longmont south thru Denver to Colorado Springs and Pueblo.

Got that?

Which means we're pretty well anyplace where you might be looking. No, there are no "regional" subgroups here. Essentially you do exactly what you did...tell us where you're moving to and what you need. If anyone has any info, they'll post it.

No, there's no wifi in the hangars owned by the county at CFO, but there is electricity. I have a CGM switch in my hangar there (Spaceport, the airport formerly known as Front Range, not the same as the reference in the first sentence) that I can turn on the engine heater with the cell phone.

Candidly, you have limited options
1) find a hangar with heat someplace close to where you want to be -> very expensive
2) find a hangar with heat someplace nowhere you want to be -> questionable
3) find a hangar -> scavenger hunt

Only the high end hangars (incredibly expensive hangars) will have built in heat. Hangar next to mine at CFO is a T-hangar with electricity, owned by the county, $406/month. At Centennial (KAPA) spot in a community hangar, the cost is over $750/month.

Who owns the APA community hangars? At this rate I may just keep the airplane in Florida until spring unless I get lucky.

Who owns the APA community hangars? At this rate I may just keep the airplane in Florida until spring unless I get lucky.
Many of them are owned by the airport but there are a number of hangar companies. What you are going to find is KAPA does not want spam cans, and is doing everything possible without being obvious (or illegal) to deter spam cans.

I haven't lived in Colorado for several years, but when I did I hangared in Wyoming because there are no ****ing (available) hangars in CO.

KAPA has NEVER wanted you there unless you burn Kerosene and lots of it and have very deep pockets. Even when it was Arapahoe County airport and George Wallace was the mgr. This area has never been friendly to GA.

Back