looking for DVD's without interactive feature

Badger

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Badger
Well that thread title was awkward, but I didn't know how to say this:

I am looking for DVD's (knowledge course) that I can play while I am doing another activity (on treadmill, in car, etc) that do NOT require the viewer to click any buttons, take intermittent quizzes, etc.

I already own the King DVD's and I am happy with them, but the 2-6 minute segments require the viewer to click a few buttons at the end of every segment to advance to the next lesson. I called King tech. support, and they told me there is no way to avoid this.

so finally the question: what series (brand) can I purchase that I can have run continuously?

(I thought about purchasing some older VHS tapes that would run, but some material may be dated)

Last edited:
If you're computer savvy you can rip the DVDS, convert to a format that doesnt support menus (like avi or something) and get rid of them then burn them back to a DVD and watch them.

If you're running on a treadmil, the Jeppesen ones are good, just really, really, really sleep inducing.

I haven't seen the Sporty's PPL Vids, but the Instrument vids are OK, but I think they spend WAAAY to much time on some things and gloss over more important stuff. (I mean do i really need to sit for 15-20 minutes listening to interviews with ATC about how well pilots do when communicating with them or how irritated they get when someone asks for weather information?)

The Jeppesen PPL will run without taking a quiz, if the Sporty's are like their Instrument ones, they will also.

Last edited:
Was watching sportys instrument videos last night a "option" to take a quiz is at the end of each segment. If you do nothing, it moves on with no interruption.

Back