Looking for ATC recording

Tomahawk674

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Tomahawk674
Hello everyone, does anyone remember listening to a recording of a dissoriented student pilot in a Cessna trying to land at a busy airport, while the controller was getting frustrated? If I recall correctly the guy finally landed and was still dissoriented navigating the taxiways, controller was not happy...

I originally heard it on a site called Cyber Air Park, which is now shut down. They even had a little diagram of the erroneous path the guy was taking. I have been trying to find the recording again but no luck, does anyone know of it or where to get it? thanks!

It was on CyberAir. It was at DuPage.

The site's not gone, but it looks like it's been remodeling for a few years.
http://www.cyberair.com

I think it was real stream so no one's gonna have a copy. You might email them to ask.

I haf a way of saving real streams into mp3 now.

How can you view/hear things on your computer but your computer cannot 'catch' them for future use??
I can see a short vid on a website but they don't provide a download button, and when I check the temp files right after seeing it, its not there.
How can I save it?
Seems like if it went through my processor, it oughta be on my ram (if not hd) somewhere.

jangell said:

That's the FSS clip from Fort Dodge. Tomahawk674 and Mike are both referring to a clip that was posted on cyberair.com a few years ago, but has been unobtainable due to the site being down.

The clip was indeed an aircraft inbound to DuPage that did not know the area well nor how to find simple landmarks and caused quite a disturbance.

Jason

Oops. I didn't read it very well.

Let'sgoflying! said:
How can you view/hear things on your computer but your computer cannot 'catch' them for future use??
I can see a short vid on a website but they don't provide a download button, and when I check the temp files right after seeing it, its not there.
How can I save it?
Seems like if it went through my processor, it oughta be on my ram (if not hd) somewhere.

Ya gotta hear or see it eventually, and therin lies the way.
http://www.rogueamoeba.com/audiohijack/
Did I mention it's easier on a *ix system where the devices are all theoretical?

Let's just say that I have the all of the offered ringtones I want on my phone, and as opposed to paying $4 and having it stop working in 30 days, I HAVE the ringtone.

You can also use the analog hole which the industry hates. Plug the output into the input of a recorder.

HPNPilot1200 said:
That's the FSS clip from Fort Dodge. Tomahawk674 and Mike are both referring to a clip that was posted on cyberair.com a few years ago, but has been unobtainable due to the site being down.

The clip was indeed an aircraft inbound to DuPage that did not know the area well nor how to find simple landmarks and caused quite a disturbance.

Jason

It is actually a guy who flew into IMC. He was only VFR certified.

LeonardMack said:
It is actually a guy who flew into IMC. He was only VFR certified.

Two different recordings. The one you're talking about was somewhere in Iowa IIRC and was released by NAATS a couple of years ago. VFR into IMC, spin, and eventual recovery. (IMHO, the airplane just got tired of listening to him scream "Mayday" over and over again! :rofl:)

The one we're talking about in this thread was a guy on his way into DPA in good VMC who just couldn't seem to find anything. I can't remember all of his infractions, but IIRC he set up for the wrong runway and after landing taxied everywhere except where he'd actually been cleared to go.

flyingcheesehead said:
Two different recordings. The one you're talking about was somewhere in Iowa IIRC and was released by NAATS a couple of years ago. VFR into IMC, spin, and eventual recovery. (IMHO, the airplane just got tired of listening to him scream "Mayday" over and over again! :rofl:)

The one we're talking about in this thread was a guy on his way into DPA in good VMC who just couldn't seem to find anything. I can't remember all of his infractions, but IIRC he set up for the wrong runway and after landing taxied everywhere except where he'd actually been cleared to go.

I was just refering to the one that was posted here.

Back