Looking for a Trainer

edessa

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
edessa
I am an A&P with 18+ years experience currently working for Classic Jet Center in Willoughby Ohio (KLNN). I am currently training for my PPL. I would like to find an aircraft in North East Ohio that I can borrow or rent for as low as possible. I am willing to trade some of my time for flight time. I can pay to have the aircraft IFR certified or an oil change or something else that may come to mind. I am willing to discuss anything. I do have a friend that is a CFII with thousands of hours of time that is training me. He currently flies for a major corporate flight department. Of course I will carry my own insurance and will pay for all the fuel I use.

Please let me know if you are interested, have any ideas for me or have any questions.

Thank you in advance.

I have the same problem in my area as well. No rentals in my area, I have to travel 50 plus miles twice a week. You being an A&P would be a good candidate for buying an aircraft or trainer because you can work on it. if you can afford it, that is.

I have several flight schools available in my area that I could use. Their prices are very high. I refuse to pay $124/Hr wet for a Cessna 172 plus $50/Hr for an instructor plus $700 to join the club to get those rates. I am currently flying thru a flight school further from home that charges $90/Hr wet for a 180HP C172 $100 initiation fee for the club rate and $20/month club dues and my friend is my instructor. What happened to the good old days when the aviation community was a close group helping each other out?

. What happened to the good old days when the aviation community was a close group helping each other out?[/QUOTE]

I say the same every time I need a decent A & P away from home, no pun intended ;)

They don't offer rentals at Lost Nation anymore? When I used to live up that way, that's where a lot of people used to go to get their ticket.

They do. The old flight school (T&G) is gone. Vector is the new school. Great aircraft. I work for Classic Jet Center that does the maintenance on the aircraft. I just think their fees are on the high side and they wont let me use my friend to train me.

There are cheaper places in NEO - just a bit of a drive from lost nation

You are right. I am currently driving to Medina, about 45-50 minute drive each way. If I can find something cheaper and/or closer that would great. Even someone willing to let me use, borrow or rent their plane would work.

You are right. I am currently driving to Medina, about 45-50 minute drive each way. If I can find something cheaper and/or closer that would great. Even someone willing to let me use, borrow or rent their plane would work.

Hey - I live in Medina :)

Skypark is slightly cheaper if you don't mind...stuff.... That's where I trained though I fly out of Medina too now.

I don't have any experience with Skypark but I was told by several people to stay away from there. Rumor is that they don't take care of their aircraft. Again that is the rumor. What kind of "stuff" are we talking about? I would like to get more info from someone that has some dealings with them.

Back