looking for a rv-4

dfcpac

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
dan carley
i am in the market for a good rv-4, at least 160 hp c/s prop engine less than 1000 hr, good paint and interior

contact
dan carley

dfcpac@aol.com

A buddy just bought a " fair" 4 hr found on Barnstormers. Out of annual so he needs a ferry permit. Just needs some cosmetic lovin.

The best way is to put an ad on BS and VAF looking for an RV-4 like you did here.

On BS you can narrow the search for RV-4s. On the left hand side, all the way down the column, click on Vans, then click on RV4.

https://www.barnstormers.com/cat.php?mode=listing&main=

Good hunting.

Last edited:
What if he wanted to use this forum to network/reveal some other planes than the ones on Barnstormers or Vans?

Can anybody help him?

What if he wanted to use this forum to network/reveal some other planes than the ones on Barnstormers or Vans?

Can anybody help him?

Good question, but his odd of it working out on the VAF board are orders of magnitude higher than here.

Good question, but his odd of it working out on the VAF board are orders of magnitude higher than here.

Agreed. Just, I sometimes see on POA people like to answer an imaginary question and ignore the actual question.

I am looking for a plane, and, I am guessing I won't find it on Barnstormers or TradeAPlane. Likely thru "knowing a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy" type of thing.

Agreed. Just, I sometimes see on POA people like to answer an imaginary question and ignore the actual question.

I am looking for a plane, and, I am guessing I won't find it on Barnstormers or TradeAPlane. Likely thru "knowing a guy that knows a guy that knows a guy" type of thing.

Yep, I just didn't have anyone and wanted to make sure he knew about VAF. My plane found me before it was advertised lol.

still looking, nothing good so far.

dan

Dan,
I have one with an 0-360 & C/S prop. After doing Lycon cylinders and C/R bump it will get off in 300 to 500', intl ROC 3,000 FPM and up to 8,000 will do 180K till empty in fuel. The EXP. is the way to go. Mine is not for sale though. It is just an example what can be done. I did not build mine either.
Good luck in your search, they are out there.
Gary

Back