Looking for a rideshare from Cali !

FYI, Cali is thousands of miles from San Francisco, in South America. And people who might be taking private aircraft there might not be the best to associate with.
Looks like that battle is lost. Seen at the corner grocery in my neighborhood: :eek:

IMG_0001a.jpg

Looks like that battle is lost. Seen at the corner grocery in my neighborhood: :eek:

View attachment 50685
If I walked into a corner store here and found that, I would never return. Who the hell wears pot leaf hats anyway? The same idiots who wonder why they keep getting stopped by the police I suppose.

If I walked into a corner store here and found that, I would never return. Who the hell wears pot leaf hats anyway? The same idiots who wonder why they keep getting stopped by the police I suppose.
I didn't even notice those! :rofl:

It's now legal at the state level here, so I doubt you would get stopped just for wearing a hat. If you were driving erratically, on the other hand...

It's now legal at the state level here, so I doubt you would get stopped just for wearing a hat. If you were driving erratically, on the other hand...
I don't think wearing a hat with a marijuana leaf in any state would be illegal. Those type symbols on clothing and jewelry have been around for a LONG time.

I don't think wearing a hat with a marijuana leaf in any state would be illegal. Those type symbols on clothing and jewelry have been around for a LONG time.
It might be part of "probable cause" for a search, particularly if there is something else present, like paraphernalia or erratic behavior. But even reeking of pot (and you can smell it WAY off) isn't going to be a problem at the state level in California anymore. It hasn't been for a while, particularly outside the cities.

And I'm posting from Colorado, where you can smell the stuff driving down I-70 at 70 MPH. No, I'm not kidding.

It's still a stupid hat to wear.

It might be part of "probable cause" for a search, particularly if there is something else present, like paraphernalia or erratic behavior. But even reeking of pot (and you can smell it WAY off) isn't going to be a problem at the state level in California anymore. It hasn't been for a while, particularly outside the cities.

And I'm posting from Colorado, where you can smell the stuff driving down I-70 at 70 MPH. No, I'm not kidding.

It's still a stupid hat to wear.
LOL, I'm posting from California but I live in Colorado (for the moment). I really haven't noticed anything much in the way of smelling pot more than I did before.

My GF had a group of women walk into her art studio/restaurant the other day for a class and she said she got a contact high just from being in the same room (California). They did spend money like drunk sailors though... I guess they got the munchies.

LOL, I'm posting from California but I live in Colorado (for the moment). I really haven't noticed anything much in the way of smelling pot more than I did before.
Well, I don't come here that often, so maybe it's always been that bad. But I don't ever remember smelling it on the highway before.

Well, I don't come here that often, so maybe it's always been that bad. But I don't ever remember smelling it on the highway before.

Might've been behind these guys?

upload_2017-1-15_15-43-19.png

In three different places in Denver?

We suspect people are smoking under the overpasses.

Ahh thought you were in CA. They do seem to get around though, maybe they got lost. Anywho, was just a joke man.

Last edited:
No, but the outside vents are open. Trust me, if someone were smoking in the car, I'd know it.
You must have a great sense of smell, because I've never smelled pot from a car, either in the past or recently.

You must have a great sense of smell, because I've never smelled pot from a car, either in the past or recently.
I smell it often. I was following an employer of mine and I started smelling the reefer. I called him out on it. His response was, "multitasking."

I dunno... here in SoCal, people don't seem remotely fazed by smoking a joint in public. I smell it on the sidewalk and in the malls. I pulled behind a Cadillac Escalade last week and the smell pot was pouring out of that vehicle. With a pre-teen son, maybe I'm a bit more acutely aware of it. But yes, I can smell it from a car around me.

I dunno... here in SoCal, people don't seem remotely fazed by smoking a joint in public. I smell it on the sidewalk and in the malls. I pulled behind a Cadillac Escalade last week and the smell pot was pouring out of that vehicle. With a pre-teen son, maybe I'm a bit more acutely aware of it. But yes, I can smell it from a car around me.
Maybe I'm so unfazed that I don't notice...

I've done a few, but "random" doesn't happen too often.

We always had them unannounced when I was a controller in the Air Force. And the airline also, except it was always at the end of a trip, got ya when you pulled into the gate. You could see the "examiner" waiting for you in the jetway. I guess the Co wanted to have you fly your 3-4 days before they tested you.

We always had them unannounced when I was a controller in the Air Force. And the airline also, except it was always at the end of a trip, got ya when you pulled into the gate. You could see the "examiner" waiting for you in the jetway. I guess the Co wanted to have you fly your 3-4 days before they tested you.
LOL.

I think most of the times I've been "randomed" have been when I happened to be in the office on a day when I was supposed to be on call. There's no one waiting for you there. You need to drive to the medical office.

It was a pain when you had a tight flight to commute home on, and you see the guy in the jetway. Can't run or hide either lol.

I was randomed three months in a row at one airline then I went several years before getting picked again. I was never worried about it as I don't do drugs but I always thought it was a waste of my time and hated doing it.

For us (Army) they would sound an alert right before first call in the morning. And then of course what does everyone need to do first thing in the morning. They would be waiting in the restrooms. And at the front doors.

That was in Germany though. When I was at Ft Hood, I don't know that we even had **** tests. The barracks didn't lend themselves for the same kind of confinement.

Yeah, as a controller in the USAF, we were checked fairly often. And the guy administering it stood there watching you very closely. Took awhile to get the old flow going when someone is basically staring at your junk. :rofl:

I think I've been smelling it from one of my neighbors' houses lately.

Noticed a lot of it on the Vegas strip recently. Glad my 9 year old didn't ask me "What's that smell"?

Noticed a lot of it on the Vegas strip recently. Glad my 9 year old didn't ask me "What's that smell"?
I had to deal with that issue years ago, with "medical" marijuana and the green crosses that started showing up on every other street corner with associated "420" signs.

Tell him exactly what it is and make it clear you don't approve, and tell him why. It's eventually going to happen, and it's better you get to control the message. Especially if it happens when he's 14.

Back