Looking for a new maintenance shop

Ranger66

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
Richard
looking for recommendations for an aviation maintenance shop in the Southeast to perform a SuperHawk engine upgrade and STC kit install on a C-172N. Preferably in the Carolinas, Tennessee, Georgia or Virginia. Any suggestions?

Ask the company supplying the STC what shops if any in your area have done the conversion. You don't want to pay the extra cost of someone learning how to do the conversion. Charlie Melot X partner in Penn Yan!

Ask the company supplying the STC what shops if any in your area have done the conversion. You don't want to pay the extra cost of someone learning how to do the conversion. Charlie Melot X partner in Penn Yan!

Good advice - will do.

Great advice.

Fact - Large, complex, expensive STCs require specialized tooling, specialized processes, and direct training by the STC holder to install them. The STC holder typically selects companies they know have the experience and facilities to handle them. The customer buying the STC only gets to choose from STC holder's chosen installation sites.

Other STC projects of this scope will send a nomadic team of installers and tooling to a large facility, where they install the STC while the aircraft is at a maintenance vendor for unrelated reason.

I would highly recommend Sanford Aircraft at KTTA. Top notch guys there.

Triad Aviation? I have ZERO experience with them, I just know they exist and might be an option for you and are in NC.

Joe Aircraft in Jasper Ga. He does excellent work, at a reasonable price.

PM for contact info if interested.

Gann aviation in Lafayette Ga. (North GA) good guys down there!

Back