Looking for a good A&P for a prebuy/annual near KUZA Richmond, VA

Unit74

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Unit74
I am in need of a recommendation for a pre-buy that if all goes well, I will convert to an annual. The aircraft is located in VA near Richmond. I do see that Dominion is located at KCFI but have no idea about their quality of work for the premium rate of $78.50/ hour they are listing per hour. My local A&P does solid work at $55/hour and has already said he is too busy to travel for me. :(

So, can anyone recommend a shop close to Richmond, VA?

KUZA is SW of Charlotte, not Richmond. What kind of plane? What airport is it at?
My mechanic at KCJR is good if that's not too far for you. If you need closer I've heard good things about the shop at Hangover county KOPF.

There is New Kent Aviation at W96. Not sure if they do pre-buys, and their A&P is not an IA (yet), but I am sure their rates would be more reasonable than Dominion, you could give them a call or send an email.

And I thought you had settled on a C-182 :).

And I thought you had settled on a C-182 :).

I decided that 10 knots and 100 lbs useful wasn't enough justification for the higher annual, insurance and fuel burn. Not to mention, dollar to dollar, I get a better equipped plane.

Had a hard time making that choice, but for what I plan on doing, the 182 was more than I needed. The few times I do need some serious get up and go, I have access to an M20J pretty much anytime if I want. I would have to get current in it though.

I don't think $78.50 is a premium rate, but for a prebuy/annual it should be flat rated anyway. :D Some shops charge a lower rate and more hours, some less hours at a higher rate. I'd get them to give you an estimate if they are nearby and reputable. :D
I am in need of a recommendation for a pre-buy that if all goes well, I will convert to an annual. The aircraft is located in VA near Richmond. I do see that Dominion is located at KCFI but have no idea about their quality of work for the premium rate of $78.50/ hour they are listing per hour. My local A&P does solid work at $55/hour and has already said he is too busy to travel for me. :(

So, can anyone recommend a shop close to Richmond, VA?

Back