Long XC in Cessna 150?

Would you routinely take a 700-800 one way trip in a Cessna 150 for business?

• Total voters
Yes. I am planning a X/C in my C150J around the US. Hitting all corners from Florida, California, Washington and Maine. I'm excited and looking forward to the epic adventure. Sure it's slow but I can enjoy the sights better. I am Instrument rated and the 150J is IFR capable.
I plan on starting the trip next January 2021 and spending 3 months to circumnavigate the country as well as stops at Oshkosh, Kitty Hawk, Etc.

Not to hijack Sam's Necro thread... But I wonder if @RyanLikesFlying ever did one of his commuting trips. Maybe Ryan doesn't like flying anymore?

Sam, your planned trip sounds fun the way you're trying to do it... Hope you do! And good luck, clear skies!

I plan on starting the trip next January 2021 and spending 3 months to circumnavigate the country as well as stops at Oshkosh, Kitty Hawk, Etc.
Be sure to take lots of pictures, avoid iffy weather, and enjoy the experience. With three months allocated for your trip, you shouldn't feel any "get-there-itis" pressure so don't take unnecessary risks. The memories will last the rest of your life.

Back