Login issues.

Frank Browne

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
FB
OK, twice today, I have had to login after some period of inactivity on the boards. I always login in the morning when I get to work, and keep my browser (Firefox) windowshaded and pop it open when I want to view new posts. But today when looking for new posts, I have had to login again. I did not close Firefox, just kept it docked. :dunno:

Thanks Chip. Weirdness today. I tried 3 times to click a link in Spin Zone and a duplicate page of that thread opened rather than the linked page. The 4th try yielded the desired page. :dunno: Hmmm

First thing to try: Flush out your cache.

Go to Tools, Options
Select Privacy
Select Cache
Hit "Clear Cache Now"
While you're at it, clear your cookies. (Or at least your cookies for PoA)
Then log out of PoA and back in again.

Good luck!

First thing to try: Flush out your cache.

Go to Tools, Options
Select Privacy
Select Cache
Hit "Clear Cache Now"
While you're at it, clear your cookies. (Or at least your cookies for PoA)
Then log out of PoA and back in again.

Good luck!
That sounds a lot like PC speak. :eek::eek:

I'll try the Mac equivilent if it happens again, but it seems all is well now. I think Scott was right. Just a loose nut behind the wheel. ;)

Um... not to my knowledge. Is the Mac version of Firefox so different that it doesnt' cache or use cookies? ...

Um... not to my knowledge. Is the Mac version of Firefox so different that it doesnt' cache or use cookies? ...
dunno ... my kids are perfectly happy with Safari on the mac - and they were Firefox users when I was "punishing them by making them use Windoze" - poor abused children... :D

Back