T Bone

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
T Bone
At first I thought is was perhaps only my notebook. Not so, my desktop computer has exhibited the same difficulty.

Yesterday, I was unable to log in (well, sort of). I tried, and I showed up in the "logged in" area. I got the "thank you for logging in" page, only to be redirected to the log in page again. Being as I was listed as logged in, I closed the window and came back in a new one. Still there, but still unable to post (directed again to the log in page). When I tried to log in again, it went in circles.

At the advice of Greebo's email response (from my "Contact Us" email) I cleared my cookies, files and even my internet history. Thing is, I just had to do the same here. And on my noterbook earlier today, I had the same trouble again.

Seems I now need to clear my history every time I want to log on? I know that is not right. So, is there something I can do? Is it a glitch (perhaps due to the fact that I've been gone several months from here and changes have been made?). Maybe my profile needs to be updated, or I need to re-register, or?....

Thanks in advance for any and all help!~

Your profile is fine and you don't need to reregister, I can tell you that, because you were able to post this message.

When you clear your browser cache, temp files and cookies, you should make sure you have only ONE browser window open, and that should be pointing at something other than this site. Google is a good page to use when cache clearing.

Then close the browser, reboot the computer, and try logging in here again.

After that if the problems persist, please report on your operating system and browser version to help identify the problem.

Thanks!

Thanks Chuck. For the record, I'd been doing the maint with NO browser windows open (I only sign on when I'm using the computer, I rarely leave it online).

Something must've changed, as I had the same problem 2 days ago, but didn't have time to deal with it. Today, I logged on (from my desktop) then logged out, then back in again with no troubles. Great to be back "in" :D

Thanks!

Back