Log entry order?

flyingcheesehead

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
iMooniac
So I just inherited the logbooks for our club from a prior maintenance officer... And they're kind of a mess. A lot of stickers from the various bits of work that have been done have been put into the books already, but there are a bunch more that are still loose with not enough room left to put them in between the entries that are already stuck in.

What's the best way to rectify this situation? Add pages? Put things in the first blank page and put a note where they would go in the chronology prior to that? Something else entirely?

I'd like them to not look disorganized/deceitful when we go to sell the plane someday (that'd be a far-away someday).

The requirement is to keep records. Nobody said it had to be pretty. Definitely put them in the book. And keep it tidy yourself. Not much you can do about what was already done.

You can also pull all the pages out and file everything into a three ring binder system in correct sequence. I think the binder system is superior to traditional log books. You could also scan and PDF all the prions and print them for the binder and file the old books in a safe place.

Last edited:
How many entries are after the hole? The OCD in me would start a new log book full or not at the hole, affix the loose entries first then transfer over the remainder with a good old fashioned glue stick and start fresh from where you took over.

Last edited:
Back