"local" clubs, organizations, forums

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
Does anyone know of any of the above that are specific to the southeast? I live in NC. Basically I'm looking for pilot stuff to do. Fly-Ins etc...

Obviously POA has fly-ins and I hope to attend one soon! But wondering if any of you know of other boards / clubs that I might find more events, closer to me.

Does anyone know of any of the above that are specific to the southeast? I live in NC. Basically I'm looking for pilot stuff to do. Fly-Ins etc...

Obviously POA has fly-ins and I hope to attend one soon! But wondering if any of you know of other boards / clubs that I might find more events, closer to me.

Local EAA chapters - www.eaa.org and search for chapters in NC

Search for "pilot associations" for "north carolina"

Contact local flight schools

You can look into Angel Flight and Pilots and Paws and stuff like that. Often they have dinners, meetings, etc. Also, you can ask the airport manager at your local airports. That's how I found out my airport has a group of pilots that meets weekly or monthy for poker runs, flour bombing, spot landings, hangar talk, etc.

Sent you a PM with contact information for a North/South Carolina group which has informal lunch gatherings every couple of months. Didn't want to post their personal e-mail in the open. Sometimes they meet at local fly-ins or just arrange to fly and meet for lunch somewhere.

Where in NC? I'm in a club here, and while there's not a lot of get-togethers, there is a lot of potential to start them if we got the onus. You near by?

I fly out of raleigh-exec

If you guys are having a fly in or whatever let me know! winston salem is not so far in z plane

There's an EAA chapter in Apex that's pretty good. I've been to some of their events as I know several of their members.

There's a local flyin just about every weekend in the fall. Two weeks ago was Millers (NE of Charlotte), we had ours last week (NC26), and Laney's is this weekend. Laney's is not to be missed (but alas I will miss it this year, I have to run out to West Lafeyette for the weekend).

We can usually be enticed to go to the Pik N Pig at Gilliam-Mcconnel on short notice any week.

Where / when is laney's?

I may go to the pik n pig on sunday. Was going to go saturday but that will depend on the weather! Haven't seen the taf's but I'm guessing its gonna be pretty blustery tomorrow after this front passes.. 35 ft wide runway with airplanes parked right next to it is a little uncomfortable for me if there is a strong gusty crosswind

edit - just looked at a forecast - winds 310 at 10-15 gusting to 30 (mph)

PS if there is a mailing list or something for the fly-ins let me know. I'm not opposed to joining an EAA chapter either

Last edited:
Back