LOC

A

Anon1

I was in a MV accident years ago and went to ER for minor injuries. I don’t believe the ER noted LOC or concussion. No brain testing was done. I never talked to docs about it there.

I told doctors (PCP)years after that event that I possibly had a LOC and concussion like symptoms from the accident, so that info is in the PCP notes.

I have a SI case that is in the works and those notes will come out. I was never diagnosed with either LOC or a concussion other than by myself. No witnesses personal or medical. Just a statement made by me. I’m not positive I had a LOC just my own speculation.

What will the FAA make of this? Possible LOC and/or concussion with a medical diagnosis. Thank you.

you say a SI is in progress? then notes from the doctor(s), a current neurological et. al. assessment(s) and possib neuro-cog testing.

I read that as an SI for a separate condition, which is going to require disclosure of records for an item this airman never disclosed. Don't know about you but I see this all the time. Only "telling them" what is required doesn't work anymore with the computerized integrated Epic type record.

Fortuantely, in this instance, if the airman can document a successful life, employed, good references, etc, only has one and the concussion was > 5 years ago it's usually moot.

Correct. Previously undisclosed but there is mention of the history in notes pertaining to unrelated SI. It was over 10 years ago. What sort of testing or evaluations will be required?

Correct. Previously undisclosed but there is mention of the history in notes pertaining to unrelated SI. It was over 10 years ago. What sort of testing or evaluations will be required?
Likely none....perhaps a letter from the family doc.....

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back