LNS fly-in -- attn southeast PA pilots

RotaryWingBob

En-Route
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iHover
I'm planning to fly all the way from Brandywine to LNS next saturday for the NE Flyers fly-in. If anybody wants a ride from OQN (formerly N99) in an (almost) brand new air-conditioned R44 send me a PM.

:heli:

Bob,

Thats almost tempting enough to make the drive from Lancaster to N99 for a ride in the R44. Just not too certain it makes a bit of sense, oh wait, pilot.... of course. Makes all the sense in the world!

John

:( The Trinnie's booked and the DA40's booked. Sheesh!! I sure would've taken you up on your offer. :(

How about just a diversion to Williamsport *but I want to uncowel the engine for a good look too*

Missa

What a great day for flying!

I think the final count was 12. Good food and good service made for a fun time for all. Harrisburg approach was friendly as always and once turned over to the Lancaster tower it was a straight in on 31 for me. The folks at the tower always seem easy to work with.

Nice to meet you Ed!! and good to see everyone again!!!!

Mary did manage a few shots.
1) Bob and his R44 Mary also wanted a ATCT shot
2) Ed's centurion
3) Ed and Gil discussing additives
4) I'm getting Bob some spare double A's out of the flight bag

Attachments

• 100_1571.jpg
    100_1571.jpg
    829.1 KB · Views: 16
  • 100_1569.jpg
    100_1569.jpg
    101.7 KB · Views: 15
  • 100_1567.jpg
    100_1567.jpg
    784.5 KB · Views: 17
  • 100_1570.jpg
    100_1570.jpg
    648.5 KB · Views: 18
Last edited:
Missa,

I'm thinking about heading to IPT to watch some little league world series play. Any info you can share? I'll bag a day of work and drag my brother out of his office so we can watch some baseball.

My brother coached the Delaware team in 2003, it was a long few weeks living in the local hotels from Bristol, Ct to Williamsport, PA. It will be so much nicer to fly in and out!!

SORRY i missed the Fly-in (Work called) . But I will meet everyone another time.
BTW post a list of the attendee's if youo would, Thank You.
Dave G.

Bob,

Great looking bird, too bad you didnt stick around longer at smoketown, I saw you arrive and depart. Just did not get a chance to walk down and say hello. Maybe nest time!

John

Bob,

Great looking bird, too bad you didnt stick around longer at smoketown, I saw you arrive and depart. Just did not get a chance to walk down and say hello. Maybe nest time!

John

Thanks, but it wasn't me! The closest I came to Smoketown was about 3 nm around 1130. I did hear that somebody else flew in to Smoketown in an R44.

Missa,

I'm thinking about heading to IPT to watch some little league world series play. Any info you can share? I'll bag a day of work and drag my brother out of his office so we can watch some baseball.

My brother coached the Delaware team in 2003, it was a long few weeks living in the local hotels from Bristol, Ct to Williamsport, PA. It will be so much nicer to fly in and out!!

Don't try to get a hotel... they are sold out for a 50mile radius. If you get weathered in at Williamsport give me a call, I have a futon and a nice couch.

Bring an umbrellaand soemthing to sit on, early games have lots of room in the Staidum, but later games it takes a ticket to get into the staidums which are purcured months in advance by being a volenteer or knowing someone.

Parking at the stadium is easy and not much of a walk.

Stay away from the Market street bridge durring peak times, it's still under construction. It's much eaaire to go down to Maynard to cross the river.

If you don't want to rent a car and I'm busy, there is a special bus from downtown to the stadium, and you can get from the airport to downtown on the montoursville route. A little walking is required but not excessive. http://www.ridervt.com/

All games are free but they pass the hat, contribute!

Resturaunts have a longer wait this week then normal... but that just means there is a wait...

Let me know when you are comming, If I'm not busy I'll drive etc... I can grill too but then I may give you a paint brush to use while you wait! ;)

LL is fun to watch, it's amasing to watch 12-13yr old kids. They play with such hart and amazing skill for kids.

Missa

Back