Liz you are skirting the edge of an ROC violation

AdamZ

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Adam Zucker
Liz, you are on the verge of being in violation of the ROC! You purchased an RV-6 and did not post about the plane or post any photos until you very slyly made mention of it in the where do you keep your pen thread.

Then in a half hearted attempt to please the masses you post one photo. Well Ms. two aircraft owner. You are going to immediatly have to rectify that situation and let us know about the plane and purchase and post some more photos including panel.

As it says in Spike 8:14 Post and ye shall be forgiven:D

Looks like the trip to the flybq will be a bit faster! Zoom Zoom

Congrats!!!!!:)

Last edited:
Is the Sooper Yankee gone?

You will surely enjoy the new bird. Congrats!

I was wondering why the Sooper Yankee was up on the block. Have fun doing those overhead breaks!

What sayeth Reverend Spike about the purchase of an aeroplane and not posting pictures? :nono:

He quoteth Spike 8:14. Consider thyself smote.

Always the black sheep, I am. :aureola:
Yes, Adam ... the trip to Wings just got a LOT shorter. (Even if I have to stop for Missa. ;) )

I bought an RV-6!

Can't believe it came to it, but the reality is that it's the most no-compromise plane for me, doing everything I want except being a low & slow fabric-covered high-wing. (Maybe I'll jump in with a couple of RVers at my home drome who recently partnered up on a Cub... :eek:)

Purchased from the builder (finished in 2008) - a guy from Hastings, MI, with a pretty good rep amongst the locals (more than a few PoAers - whose own reps I shall not disparage at this time).

I call it a wolf in sheep's clothing ... un-flashy paint, but slicker than snot (even with an O-230 and fixed-pitch prop).

Plane was built light & simple, just the way I want it - especially once I get rid of The Pen. Barebones VFR instrumentation (but night-equipped, JIC).
And the left side of the panel is a blank canvas - just waiting to be covered by my $5.00 Glass Cockpit of Doom!

Timing was wrong but the plane was right, so I bought it anyways. Have a few other things taking priority right now, so haven't been able to spend much time with it.

Still trying to work out seating / pedal access - the 5" extensions are ridiculous. Apparently I'm a midget. :dunno:
But, I have yet another idea to try this weekend. :rolleyes2:

And, to stave off you wolves ...
N8078Q_cozy%2520with%2520Grumman%252001%2520sm.jpg

RV-6%2520pictures%2520001%2520800.JPG

RV-6%2520pictures%2520002%2520800.JPG

(better now?)

Last edited:
Congrats Liz! If I could trade the Tiger for an RV-7, 8 or 10 I would probably do it too. Yes, you heard it here first. They are wonderful airplanes! The pics aren't coming through though.

I want a ride!

Always the black sheep, I am. :aureola:
Yes, Adam ... the trip to Wings just got a LOT shorter. (Even if I have to stop for Missa. ;) )

I bought an RV-6!

Can't believe it came to it, but the reality is that it's the most no-compromise plane for me, doing everything I want except being a low & slow fabric-covered high-wing. (Maybe I'll jump in with a couple of RVers at my home drome who recently partnered up on a Cub... :eek:)

Purchased from the builder (finished in 2008) - a guy from Hastings, MI, with a pretty good rep amongst the locals (more than a few PoAers - whose own reps I shall not disparage at this time).

I call it a wolf in sheep's clothing ... un-flashy paint, but slicker than snot (even with an O-230 and fixed-pitch prop).

Plane was built light & simple, just the way I wanted it - especially once I get rid of The Pen. Barebones VFR instrumentation (but night-equipped, JIC).
And the left side of the panel is a blank canvas - just waiting to be covered by my $5.00 Glass Cockpit of Doom!

Plane was right, timing was wrong, but I bought it anyways. Have a few other things taking priority right now, so haven't been able to spend much time with it.

Still trying to work out seating / pedal access - the 5" extensions are ridiculous. Apparently I'm a midget. :dunno:
But, I have yet another idea to try this weekend. :rolleyes2:

And, to stave off you wolves ...
RV6

RV6

RV6

(Apparently, I gots nothing ... IMG tags no worky)

Welcome to the dark side of the RV snobs. ;)

For your 'height challenged' issue, the seat pan for RV's is attached to the floor via a piano hinge. If the builder installed all of the hinge points on the frame, you may be able to remove the pin and move the seat pan farther forward. We didn't see a need for the more 'forward' placement of the seat, so we didn't even install the forward attach points.

If all else fails, the rudder pedals are attached to the frame by 4 bolts which you could remove, drill new holes closer to where you want them and reattach the pedals. Welcome to the world of homebuilding. :D

Congrats!!

Welcome to the dark side of the RV snobs. ;)

For your 'height challenged' issue, the seat pan for RV's is attached to the floor via a piano hinge. If the builder installed all of the hinge points on the frame, you may be able to remove the pin and move the seat pan farther forward. We didn't see a need for the more 'forward' placement of the seat, so we didn't even install the forward attach points.

If all else fails, the rudder pedals are attached to the frame by 4 bolts which you could remove, drill new holes closer to where you want them and reattach the pedals. Welcome to the world of homebuilding. :D

Congrats!!

Thanks for the ideas Chris!

I'm maxed out on forward seat position. Too much and I lose leverage on the flap handle - makes the final notch an adventure. Not too mention crowding the stick and eating the panel.

And, of course, if the pedals get moved back, they'll likely not make the pax happy.

Still have other options and ideas to try.

Liz, I'm guessing that you mean an O-320 not O-230? ;)

Cool! You bought some question marks. :D

00000005.png

Wow! You got question marks!
I didn't get anything...

Finally had a moment to investigate ... perhaps better now?

It's more better now on my end. Nice ride. When does it go on tour?

Purdy!

As expected, it looks fast!

Oh hell yeah. Nice! You officially now have a fleet!

That plane looks like a ton of fun. Enjoy it! :)

Thanks gang!

It's nice to see some excitement around it ... hoping to re-find my mojo and have some stress-free room for aviating.
(This weekend looks promising to at least try out my new pedal plan and take the ole Sooper Yooper Yankee for a spin. And, maybe, just maybe, shave a bit more off the transition time on the RV-6 ... hoping someday soon it will feel like this plane is mine.)

BTW - that Hummel Bird hanging from the ceiling is NOT part of my collection.

Nice tip up canopy. Easier to work on avionics and stuff under the dash. O-320 fixed pitch is a great combo for the -6.

What is the history of the motor?

As far as seats go add another cushion to the back and seat. You should be good to go after that.

Are you going to do sport aerobatics?

Congrats!

Thanks for the ideas Chris!

I'm maxed out on forward seat position. Too much and I lose leverage on the flap handle - makes the final notch an adventure. Not too mention crowding the stick and eating the panel.

And, of course, if the pedals get moved back, they'll likely not make the pax happy.

Still have other options and ideas to try.

Nice lookin -6... They are a blast to play in.:yes:.

Looks very similar to the one under my right wing that shows up in the beginning of the video...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rCNnEgRkdXc&context=C3e091d3ADOEgsToPDskKmHo69I6bUDuoBHd5YSUfu

Ahh.. I just looked closer at the pics. The rudder pedals on the -7 are mounted at the top and hang down. Looks like your pedals are mounted on the floor. With the -7 the pax can somewhat tuck their feet under the pedals - notsomuch with your setup.

Hmmmmm...

Ahh.. I just looked closer at the pics. The rudder pedals on the -7 are mounted at the top and hang down. Looks like your pedals are mounted on the floor. With the -7 the pax can somewhat tuck their feet under the pedals - notsomuch with your setup.

Hmmmmm...

There is no law that says that both sets of pedals have to be connected to the same contiguous pair of pipes like the kit parts.

Or that you have to have rudder pedals on both sides.

Mount a pair of pedals on the left side wherever you want. Use a couple of tie rods to connect to the original pedals - or remove the originals completely.

It's experimental. Experiment. Get out the torch and go at it.

There is no law that says that both sets of pedals have to be connected to the same contiguous pair of pipes like the kit parts.

Or that you have to have rudder pedals on both sides.

Mount a pair of pedals on the left side wherever you want. Use a couple of tie rods to connect to the original pedals - or remove the originals completely.

It's experimental. Experiment. Get out the torch and go at it.

extending the pedals is somewhat easy..... making the toe brakes work gets complicated...

extending the pedals is somewhat easy..... making the toe brakes work gets complicated...

Or you could get rid of the toe brakes entirely.

I met a gentleman at an RV fly-in that had at least one prosthetic leg below the knee (it might have been both legs). He actually designed a system that moved the brake controls to something that looked like a throttle quadrant between the seats - one control for each set of brakes. It was a very slick design.

I can't remember what he did to deal with the rudder controls themselves, though.

Yes, the options are limitless. And just because it IS experimental, does not mean that I'm interested in experimenting with this plane at this time.
Right now, my priority is in finding the simplest, most-undoable safe configuration.

(Actually, my priority right now is something other than aviation. So, all of this will have to wait.)

Still - it's fun to think about. And I appreciate the ideas being thrown out - hadn't come to Capt G's idea of separating the two sides. Have been considering adding a parallel set of pedals on my side and linking to mains with push/pull rods.

Last edited:
Back