Lithium batteries in ZAON MRX

Marc CYBW

Pre-Flight
Display Name

Display name:
Marc CYBW
Has anyone used Lithium batteries in a ZAON MRX? Do they last longer than alkalines?

Marc

You are better off with the power cord.:idea:

You aren't getting many answers; alas I can't help since I've only tried alkalines and rechargeable NIMH batteries. The alkalines (obviously?) last longer than the NIMHs.

Since no answers...

I've used the lithium AA cells in other applications that needed high current draw and they do last longer...

They also store well for very long periods of time.

But no experience with them in the traffic gadget.

If you can't use ship's power you might look into one of the high capacity rechargeable Lithium Ion packs and a cable to power it as if it were on ship's power.

There's a bunch of companies making those super cheap these days and it'd be more useful overall because you could power and charge other things off of it.

Look for ones with a barrel connector output that is switchable to various voltages or fixed voltage that matches what the traffic gadget wants. Then make up a barrel to barrel cable (careful of polarity, but most barrels are negative on the outside, positive on the center pin so you don't short them out when they hit something conductive that's attached to earth ground)...

I was hunting these at Amazon today. Lots of size and feature options out there for well less than $100... Many closer to $50.

Back