Liquid cooled Lycoming 0-360 and 0-540

Wonder what the weight and drag penalty is for this.

I wonder how things are going when the web site says, "Scheduled to be dyno run sometime in May 2001..."

The Voyager's rear engine was a special liquid cooled engine made by continental just for the task. IOL-200, producing some 115 horses. As was the Extra 400 (pressurized cabin class single) which had a 550 continental with liquid cooling.
Obviously technology is out there, I would think that for a high compression engine for use in turbocharged applications, liquid cooling would drastically reduce the risks of shock cooling and perhaps extend engine life.

I wonder how things are going when the web site says, "Scheduled to be dyno run sometime in May 2001..."

Sorta like that turbine engine that was supposed to replace our recips...

Right now I'm only running on Impulse Power, but plan to make the leap to Dilithium Crystals as soon as Lycoming has perfected the Warp Drive for my Tiger.

They advertise a 38% reduction in fuel burn. To do this they compart an 0-360 180hp running full rich and full power at sea level ~19gph to their modified engine running 75% power at 8000ft running LOP ~11gph.

What a load of crap 11gph running LOP is high for a 180hp Lyc 0-360 (9-9.5ghp is normal)

Right now I'm only running on Impulse Power, but plan to make the leap to Dilithium Crystals as soon as Lycoming has perfected the Warp Drive for my Tiger.
I thought the Tiger was already warped...:rofl:

I thought the Tiger was already warped...:rofl:

Ha! Yep, those damn panels keep delaminating and falling off in flight. The ducts tape does help though. :D

Back