Linux User Base

I don't mind Gnome 3, but Unity sucks a fat one. its what finally drove me away from Ubuntu on the desktop. love Fedora.

I don't mind Gnome 3, but Unity sucks a fat one. its what finally drove me away from Ubuntu on the desktop. love Fedora.

I just bought an iPad, then an iPhone and just got my new Mac in last week, you should try OS X for a user friendly unix based operating system. :stirpot:

iPad for Christmas, Droid went TU replaced with iPhone, discovered I needed a Mac to write software for it, bought one.

Last edited:
Currently I only have 1 instance of a Debian server in a virtual server farm.

However, Linux used to be my bread and butter as well. I spent 7 years as a Linux "engineer" at Rackspace prior to my complete career change, and my current duties do not include any form of Linux usage (sadly)...but my current duties are far more entertaining (and pay better) than my sysadmin days.

So this is why RAX still have no IPv6 on cloud VMs...

So this is why RAX still have no IPv6 on cloud VMs...

Ouch!

Okay, well my area of responsibility was primarily directory services, I never got to work in the networking group.

If I sold my RAX stock today I could buy a pretty nice plane! But I figure I better get my PP cert done first...

If I sold my RAX stock today I could buy a pretty nice plane!
Watch out for AMT. If you want to sell stock in plane-sized chunks, you may hit AMT _even if_ you qualify for capital gains. Explanation why it is exists, but is too convoluted for me to remember. It has something with the different ways deductions are calculated for income tax and for AMT. Consult your tax advisor and you may find that you need to get rid of Rackspace stock in small chunks over the course of several years.

+1

If you're selling that much stock, lose an AMU to a tax pro. They usually find a way to at least pay themselves from your planned sale and often save you more than their fee. Many won't even cost an AMU. ;)

Back