links data base?

deafsound

Line Up and Wait
Display Name

Display name:
i arrrghhmmmmpppth
i click on that link and it says i'm not authorized for that page. what gives?

I can't get to it either. Something else for Chuck to look into....

eerr...I reported this a while ago. Was told it was a known issue due to the upgrade.

Yeah, I checked. There is an issue with it. Getting an SQL error is a bad thing, no? :rolleyes:

Yeah I really need to make time to go through all the things the 3.6.x upgrade broke. :(

Was this government-published software? I can't imagine the private sector producing software where the upgrade makes applications unusable!

Oops, I'm forgetting about XP... and Windows ME... and Windows 98... and Windows 95... and Windows 3.1.... and, and, and.... :dunno:

Was this government-published software? I can't imagine the private sector producing software where the upgrade makes applications unusable!

Oops, I'm forgetting about XP... and Windows ME... and Windows 98... and Windows 95... and Windows 3.1.... and, and, and.... :dunno:
It's a php application running on a Redhat linux box, so the Microsoft bashing is completely unnecessary.
vBulletin upgrades the core software from time to time, but the links database isn't publised by Jelsoft, its published by 3rd parties as add ons and when we upgraded to 3.6, it knocked out the older versions of most of the 3rd party additions we have here. Unfortunately each package we've added is a separate upgrade process and there just hasn't been time to get it all done yet.

All I'm saying is there have been bugs to work out after every new release. I'm hearing people wanting to see Vista right away. My response is leave it alone for a while and let the pros use it... let them find all the possible issues to be fixed. Then, it would be safer for the more casual user.

I used Microsoft as an example but it happens to about every publisher out there. No one is exempt on new software. It's the nature of the beast when producing a new product that can be beta tested only so far.

Back