Lightspeed Part Needed

Joe_KansasCity

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
Joe_KansasCity
After many years of being careful with them... I screwed up this morning and broke the left stirrup on my old Lightspeed 20K headset while clearing out the back seat in preparation for an annual inspection. Lightspeed support informed me they no longer have parts for the K, XL or 30 series headsets. I realize they're a dinosaur, but they're rarely used, and only used for passengers. I don't want to just throw them away....

Would anyone have a left stirrup for a K, XL or 30 series headset?

After many years of being careful with them... I screwed up this morning and broke the left stirrup on my old Lightspeed 20K headset while clearing out the back seat in preparation for an annual inspection. Lightspeed support informed me they no longer have parts for the K, XL or 30 series headsets. I realize they're a dinosaur, but they're rarely used, and only used for passengers. I don't want to just throw them away....

Would anyone have a left stirrup for a K, XL or 30 series headset?

Trade it for a new Zulu! It's a good deal!

Not really. Lightspeed probably only has $50 invested in those China Zulu's. Sell it on eBay and buy a German Beyerdynamic Hs-200 or a good ol David Clark :)

Not really. Lightspeed probably only has $50 invested in those China Zulu's. Sell it on eBay and buy a German Beyerdynamic Hs-200 or a good ol David Clark :)

He won't get squat for a broken lightspeed on EBAY, but lightspeed will give him a pretty good credit on the Zulu.

They'll probably fix it for free. They've fixed both of mine at no charge...one twice...well out of warranty.

Lightspeed has the best customer service...bar none.

He won't get squat for a broken lightspeed on EBAY, but lightspeed will give him a pretty good credit on the Zulu.

I did that once and thoroughly enjoy my Zulu headset. However, spending $400 to trade for another set that spends 90% of the time draped over the back seat not being used, seems like a very poor use of resources....

They'll probably fix it for free. They've fixed both of mine at no charge...one twice...well out of warranty.

That used to be the case, but during my call to customers service this time, I was told they no longer have a supply of parts for the K, XL or 30 series headsets. They can't repair them because there are no parts. From a business perspective, I can't blame them, but it is disappointing.

I did that once and thoroughly enjoy my Zulu headset. However, spending $400 to trade for another set that spends 90% of the time draped over the back seat not being used, seems like a very poor use of resources....

Think of it as a backup for you! What's your hearing worth? :D

Just helping you spend $$!

I suspect it depends what part you want. Last summer they handed me some 30-3G parts from under the counter when I asked about them.

I left mine on the dash and the case melted. Lightspeed replaced it for free. :yes:

Back