Lifeline Flight

The Doc's a TV star!

Good on you, Bruce. Ya clearly had a very appreciative passenger.

Excellent! Chivalry still exists in small isolated groups and lifeline is crammed full of them.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. Doc Bruce, you are one of the great people of the world as far as I'm concerned.

Wow, he look just like Dr. Bruce in the video!

OBTW, an all-Piper airlift- and two exceptionally nice ones, at that.

Well done, Dr. Bruce! I met some folks from your organization at Airventure this past summer. Class acts all.

YAY Dr. Bruce. Thank you for helping this young lady (and others) out.

I rode with a pilot one time that did a Angel Flight for a young girl who was going to burn camp. It was the most amazing experience. I can't wait to get to the point to where I can do trips like that to help people out. :D

And yes....Dr. Bruce is photogenic.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/hpnflygirl/3124636226/

That's great, Dr Bruce. Maybe the video will stir up some interest in
your organization.

RT

Awesome! :yes:

These organizations need more publicity. It's good for them, and also helps to show people where GA does a lot of good.

My wife and I just watched the video! Very nice and heartwarming story. GA needs the "general public" to see more touching stories like this . Good job, Dr. Bruce!!!

My wife and I just watched the video! Very nice and heartwarming story. GA needs the "general public" to see more touching stories like this . Good job, Dr. Bruce!!!

Absolutely!

Good motivation -- I'm signing up to volunteer today....

(It seems Angel Flight serves PA -- I assume they are as highly regarded as lifeline?)

Doc,

Great video! The more people that know how what a great asset and useful tool GA is the better!

--Matt

It looks like some other people will find out what I already knew. DR. Bruce is one heck of a nice guy. To feel real good just help someone out, that can't do anything for you in return. Good on you mister sigh!

Bob

Okay. Leslie's flying the 182 up to Milwaukee for the 99's meeting, and I'm flying the Turbo 182 down to Peoria for the Lifeline Pilot's meeting (arriving around 11:00). All dependent on the weather, of course, because neither of us are IFR current, much less proficient!! Unfortunately, the long-range weather doesn't look great at this point.
http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?CityName=Peoria&state=IL&site=ILX&textField1=40.745&textField2=-89.6092 said:
Saturday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 54.

Okay. Leslie's flying the 182 up to Milwaukee for the 99's meeting, and I'm flying the Turbo 182 down to Peoria for the Lifeline Pilot's meeting (arriving around 11:00). All dependent on the weather, of course, because neither of us are IFR current, much less proficient!! Unfortunately, the long-range weather doesn't look great at this point.

Grant, You be careful, we have had some bad luck here lately with some pilots. We don't want to read about you in the funny papers. Bob

Good motivation -- I'm signing up to volunteer today....

(It seems Angel Flight serves PA -- I assume they are as highly regarded as lifeline?)

Good deal, Dan!! Angel Flight / Grace Flight / Lifeline are all different organizations, there are often some affiliations and flight sharing arrangements, but all of them do essentially the same thing and I think you'll find satisfaction working with any of them.

Great stuff, Doc.

We could use that kind of publicity for Angel Flight East! Lifeline Pilots and the other organizations reflect well on all GA, yet go sadly underappreciated by the general public.

Good deal, Dan!! Angel Flight / Grace Flight / Lifeline are all different organizations, there are often some affiliations and flight sharing arrangements, but all of them do essentially the same thing and I think you'll find satisfaction working with any of them.

Thanks!

Angel Flight web site was very informative -- I encourage our NE Pilots to check it out: http://www.angelflightmidatlantic.org/

BZ Dr. Bruce!....Let me know the next time you fly into KCHA. I will buy you lunch!

Back