life is beginning to get interesting...

swamp crawler

Filing Flight Plan
Display Name

Display name:
swamp crawler
Well guys, looks like its time to start growing up. At 19, iv been out of highschool for less than a year, and collage wasn't for me. I mulled around for a while trying to figure out what to do with myself. Recently my best friend mentioned aviation, mostly as a hobby or something to look good on a resume. The next day we were at the local flight school looking at a little piper warrior. The next day I was folding my 6.5 foot frame into it for my first lesson. After 3 hours in the air I ran out of money and hit the road with a supplied air/safety company. Currently I'm 2 thousand miles from home livin on ramin working 88 hours a week, but makeing almost 2k per week. Hopefully I can do this till iv payed off debt and saved enough for training all the way up to comercial. Sadly, from what iv heard, if I do what I truely want to and become a comercial pilot, I'll make less money than I do now. :/ but, that's the cost of doing something you love. Hopeing I don't regret my choices later down the road.

Think of it this way: You are already ahead of most people at this stage, you have a plan.

While initially it may seem like you'll be making less, you could actually be setting yourself up to be much better than that. As you advance in your aviation training, who's not to say you find something that just tickles your fancy and you decided to stop before you get to be that commercial pilot status?

You are off on the right start. You've got a dream figured out and you've started your plan to make that dream happen. Don't give up, get frustrated and lose focus. When I started the completion of my training (I started at age 13) I ended up flying an hour here and an hour there, basically paycheck to paycheck while paying my other bills. It takes longer, but my focus was there and that kept me driven towards completion of the private pilots license. Now, several years later I am trying to get my focus back to that same point so I can work on advanced ratings.

Back