Letter of Discontinuance/ Aircraft Change

RyanB

Super Administrator
Management Council Member
PoA Supporter
Display Name

Display name:
Ryan
So I recently took my PPL Oral exam however the flight portion was not able to be done due to wx. Anyway the examiner gave me a letter of discontinuance, because we obviously could not fly, it has the reason and it also has the "registration #" of the aircraft. However the aircraft that is shown on the letter is not going to be the aircraft that i end up using, when i go back. Its still the same type of A/c just a different one than is listed on the letter, does this affect anything or do i have to use the one that is listed on that letter?

So I recently took my PPL Oral exam however the flight portion was not able to be done due to wx. Anyway the examiner gave me a letter of discontinuance, because we obviously could not fly, it has the reason and it also has the "registration #" of the aircraft. However the aircraft that is shown on the letter is not going to be the aircraft that i end up using, when i go back. Its still the same type of A/c just a different one than is listed on the letter, does this affect anything or do i have to use the one that is listed on that letter?
That's a great question. Why not call up the DPE and ask him? I don't know the answer for sure, but I can't imagine that you HAVE to use the same aircraft. However, I'm pretty sure the DPE checks the aircraft paperwork before the start of the oral -- at least, mine did on my recent instrument ride (PPL ride was too long ago for me to remember the details) -- so that part will have to be done again, which might add to your total checkride cost.

Again, unless this exact situation is spelled out in the regs, your DPE is the only person who can give you an authoritative answer. Even if it is, he's still the best person to ask.

That's a great question. Why not call up the DPE and ask him? I don't know the answer for sure, but I can't imagine that you HAVE to use the same aircraft. However, I'm pretty sure the DPE checks the aircraft paperwork before the start of the oral -- at least, mine did on my recent instrument ride (PPL ride was too long ago for me to remember the details) -- so that part will have to be done again, which might add to your total checkride cost.

Again, unless this exact situation is spelled out in the regs, your DPE is the only person who can give you an authoritative answer. Even if it is, he's still the best person to ask.

:thumbsup:

When I had to split a check ride, I used a different tail numbered Arrow the second time. Didn't bother asking the DPE, just showed up.

When I had to split a check ride, I used a different tail numbered Arrow the second time. Didn't bother asking the DPE, just showed up.

Thank you, I plan to do the same!

Back