Let's say thank you to the troops...

I do every day. My entire neighborhood if full of 101st Airborn soldiers. They probably make up 35%.

This weekend I was flying a Coast Guard Aux mission and had stopped prior to going to the airport for breakfast. After 12 years of Service in the Air Force which I left in 1992 I had never had any civilian say anything to me when in uniform. Nor all the time when I was in the VFW had I ever heard from a non-vet that same thing.

But this Sunday, a day after Veteran's Day, as I was walking into the resturant in my flight suit uniform (and ApacheBob you will be happy to hear I was actually wearing my cover outside) a guy held the door open for and said "Thanks, we need you guys".

Here is a pick that was taken later that day when we stopped to have a health break up in Sheboygan.

Last edited:
thanks Tim! They are a little over three years old. Her sister is on the floor, soon to be on the table too.

In this photo she has just spied the pencil. that is soon on the floor.

woodstock said:
thanks Tim! They are a little over three years old. Her sister is on the floor, soon to be on the table too.

In this photo she has just spied the pencil. that is soon on the floor.

For God's sake be careful out there, there's a bunch of furricanados you need to chart around!

Back