Lets go to Fish Creek

OH Flier

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
G^2
Dreary weather all weekend so when the skies cleared on Monday, had to do something special. How about a 660 nm flight to Ephraim-Fish Creek Airport 3D2, Door County Wisconsin. That's the home of Stone's Throw Winery and Deb's favorite Pinot Grigio. Called ahead and they delivered a case to the airport.

Had a bit of lunch at the golf course then flew home (160 knots @7,500).

65 gal 100LL $260

Lunch $ 20

10 gal 100LL 3D2 $ 54 new record !

Aircraft reserve $350

Stone's Throw $240

Suprise Birthday Gift - Priceless !

Gary

The Door County peninsula is one of my favorite places in Wisconsin to see from the air. Touristy to visit, but not as much hustle and bustle as Wisconsin Dells or some places in the northwoods.

The Ephraim/Fish Creek airport (3D2) is close to Peninsula State Park.

Door County Cherryland airport (SUE) in Sturgeon Bay is adjacent to Potawatomi State Park.

My favorite, Washington Island (2P2) has a delicious fish boil (what's a fish boil?) every year right around AirVenture. This year it's on July 21st. I've seen more planes at this fly-in than any other I've been to, excluding Oshkosh. I try to go when I can. Been there three times.

A few Door County pictures:
watersand.jpeg

p2takeoff.jpeg

doorcounty.jpeg

Gary: what a neat birthday gift!

Last edited:
We should try to arrange to meet at the Washington Island Fish Boil.

That's where I flew the day after I passed my PPL checkride. THAT was an adventure.

Leslie knows a 99 with a place in Door County she's offered to let us use. Need to see about heading up there one of these days!

Back