Let me suggest something

Sac Arrow

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Snorting his way across the USA
Forget the "spin zone" for which most of us dont care about anyway, but what about a "flame wars" thread, where, we can speak our minds about someone we don't like, but it's all in good nature, and we can vent and get on with life?

There was a thread just closed, where I actually felt I could have saved but it was closed too quickly for me to do anything. If we had such a forum....

One of the automotive forums I'm on has a never ending "What do you HATE today?" thread. It's cathartic. ;)

Go ahead and start it Sac - what's the worst that would happen they close it. :)

Hurt feelings huh? yeah that doesn't happen in other postings!

I suggest coupling your suggestion with this:
Whenever you see a squabble breaking out, don't just accept it as part of the game. Point the participants to the squabble thread and tell them to "Take it outside." Peer pressure is powerful.

I suggest coupling your suggestion with this:
Whenever you see a squabble breaking out, don't just accept it as part of the game. Point the participants to the squabble thread and tell them to "Take it outside." Peer pressure is powerful.

Yeah, that works both ways though, more the other direction actually. The peer pressure it to jump in with bones like the apes in 2001 and to escalate, settle through victory.

547876_250619168378906_1892662850_n.jpg

Or... i know this will sound crazy and all, but... people could just try not to get nasty toward each other. If you don't like someone, why not just ignore their posts, or at least try to keep the conversation civil?

Or... i know this will sound crazy and all, but... people could just try not to get nasty toward each other. If you don't like someone, why not just ignore their posts, or at least try to keep the conversation civil?

Overall, I agree with this. Internet communities aren't unlike any other in the sense that there are people you like and people you don't like. Those you don't like, you can ignore.

But, Sac's got a decent idea. High five!

:yeahthat::yeahthat:

I totally agree. But human nature being what it is, that's problematic in practice.

plus, it's difficult to accurately convey your real message in text. especially if you are someone who is, well, like me - i have to be careful.

I have decided to 'bad post' every insult to me, should be an interesting count.

Ah ok.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

There, tag it up. Me first! Me first! Haha.

Ah ok.

Your mother was a hamster and your father smells of elderberries.

There, tag it up. Me first! Me first! Haha.

LOL, if I considered that an insult the ghost of Graham Chapman would beat me...:rofl::rofl::rofl:

Besides, you missed first.:D

I have decided to 'bad post' every insult to me, should be an interesting count.

What does that mean? I've never heard that 'bad post' term before.

Back