LED wing tip strobes

UngaWunga

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
UngaWunga
My 172 doesn't have wingtip strobes, and I want them for visibility.

It has these landing lights on the tips. Not sure the brand/model.
wACh6x9.jpg

What brand do y'all suggest for LED tip strobes? Should I get a strobe-nav light combo? Just got the plane. Looks like there were strobes at one time, and they were removed. Maybe to use the wiring for the landing lights.

Thanks

Those wingtip landing lights look a lot like what I have. Mine are from RMD Aircraft Lighting. I have strobes located where the empty spot is on your wingtip, so I would assume that was what was there at one time. There should be a logbook entry which should tell you the manufacturer. Sorry I can't help with a recommendation for replacing the strobes.

Thanks. I'll look through the stack of records I have. I do love the landing lights. They really light up the night. Was surprised how good they were, combined with the single nose light. If they ever burn out, I'll look for a led replacement.

I recently put Whelen OR650 and OR500 wing and tail strobes/nav lights on the 310. Very happy with the quality and extra visibility.

Bumping this thread... I popped out the landing light bulbs from the wingtips. Anyone know where to get replacements? Its a GE bulb, with 389 stamped on the bottom. Inside the bulb were the numbers 021 and 042. I haven't been able to turn up much...

Maybe looking for a PAR 36 bulb

I know this thread is old, but check out Steneaviation dot com for their Quasar CX wingtips for Cessna with combo taxi, landing, and (i think) position lights. See in action, Check out Chad Colby on youtube for his video of adding Stene to his C-205, "PIREP Stene Aviation Quasar Cx wingtips integrated w/ AeroLEDs AeroSun Cx lighting system for Cessna".
Jim

Back