Last resort/Non-rustic accommodations available

mikea

Touchdown! Greaser!
Gone West
Display Name

Display name:
iWin
For anybody that needs a room as a last resort or prefers not as rustic, I'll be staying at the Days Inn in Mountain Home where I moved to last year. It's a decent place with good internet access even if they're on satellite. There are numerous restaurants and stores in the area.

There's also a Super 8 nearby. I've stayed there before. The Days Inn is nicer.

As I mentioned you can ride along with Pancho and me.

Last edited:
Re: Non-rustic accomodations available

I wouldn't exactly call the Gastons cabins "roughing it"

Wow? Gaston's cabins is rustic? Stove, fridge, running water, electricity, beds, carpeting, and internet access.

I wouldn't exactly call the Gastons cabins "roughing it"

I know. I meant to say "rustic." There nothing at all wrong with the accommodations. As far as I'm concerned, sleeping on somebody's floor is "roughing it."

Only the internet at Gastons access is slightly "roughing it." I think they have exactly one DSL line feeding the resort and each cabin gets varied performance depending on how far they are from the main lodge.

Last edited:

Hmmm I wonder if Scott M would have access to some toys from work for a direct satellite connection :)

Wow? Gaston's cabins is rustic? Stove, fridge, running water, electricity, beds, carpeting, and internet access.
Cable??? Please G-d let there be cable!!!

Oh my gawd no CABLE!!! How will I live without my American Idol Re-runs!!!!!

What is that place, the UP?? :D:D:D:D

Cable??? Please G-d let there be cable!!!

Oh my gawd no CABLE!!! How will I live without my American Idol Re-runs!!!!!

What is that place, the UP?? :D:D:D:D

Cable they gots...long before us city folks did. It's the MOUNTAINS dude - the reason cable TV was invented.

Cable they gots...long before us city folks did. It's the MOUNTAINS dude - the reason cable TV was invented.

And not far from the first cable setup either (in Tupelo, MS). Interesting story, that is. And Comcast owns that system now too. :rolleyes:

Thank goodness. Now will I be able to get a double shot grande decaf caramel machiato with soy milk?

Last edited:

Thank goodness. Now will I be able to get a double shot grande decaf caramel machiato with soy milk?

Maybe. You fer sure can enjoy the chocolate fountain fondue at Sunday brunch.

Re: Last resort/Non-rustic accomodations available

If I HAVE to call the front desk to either have the beds turned down, or to have ice delivered to the room, it's rustic. :cheerswine:

Anything without room service is camping.

Room Service, Spa, limo to and from the airport, separate bath and shower, two sinks, couch, work table, Internet, and a view... Without that stuff CAMPING!

If I HAVE to call the front desk to either have the beds turned down, or to have ice delivered to the room, it's rustic. :cheerswine:

Maybe so, but I've stayed at plenty of Days Inn / Super 8 and I can tell you that they are anything but sophisticated. Gastons beats either hands down.

Maybe so, but I've stayed at plenty of Days Inn / Super 8 and I can tell you that they are anything but sophisticated. Gastons beats either hands down.

i bet the Days Inn and Super 8 dont have a RUNWAY

i bet the Days Inn and Super 8 dont have a RUNWAY

This is true, but Gaston's doesn't have a Sears or a Wal-Mart or a KFC or a Wal-Mart or an Arby's or a Super Wal-Mart or a McDonalds or...

This is true, but Gaston's doesn't have a Sears or a Wal-Mart or a KFC or a Wal-Mart or an Arby's or a Super Wal-Mart or a McDonalds or...

ive got all that crap at home, but i dont have a nice grass runway filled with all of my friends.

I can always fly to a WalMart, KMart, KFC and etc if I need to, but I can't fly to all the places that people come from to say "Hi" at at Gaston. I'll take Gaston and get my own ice. :)

Back