Last 3 yrs?

dell30rb

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Ren
my dad is considering renewing his medical, which has been expired for 15 years

I don't think he has any health problems that would preclude him getting a medical, however he was wondering about the reporting requirement and any medical history documentation he might need to provide. How far back does the reporting requirement go?

This is probably a simple question - I have not looked at medical stuff much because I have a pretty short medical history... (thankfully, knock on wood)

my dad is considering renewing his medical, which has been expired for 15 years

I don't think he has any health problems that would preclude him getting a medical, however he was wondering about the reporting requirement and any medical history documentation he might need to provide. How far back does the reporting requirement go?

This is probably a simple question - I have not looked at medical stuff much because I have a pretty short medical history... (thankfully, knock on wood)

Visits to "Health Professionals" beyond three years ago need not be reported. But diagnoses of many conditions have no time limit. This reference copy with instructions of form 8500-8 should help some:

http://flighttraining.aopa.org/pdfs/FAA_Form_8500-8_Medical_App.pdf

That's form FF. We're on to GG, where the drug and alcohol questions are much tighter....

Is there a list of conditions that need to be reported ? For example, I broke my arm when I was younger, the AME's wife said I did not need to report it...

Is there a list of conditions that need to be reported ? For example, I broke my arm when I was younger, the AME's wife said I did not need to report it...

If the AMEs wife broke your arm, that's a different form:rofl:

That's form FF. We're on to GG, where the drug and alcohol questions are much tighter....

Thanks - it did look old. It looks like the FAA's User's Guide for MedXPress is available for download and explains what information a person will need to supply on their medical application; hopefully this is more useful, complete, and up-to-date (let us know if it misses anything you think important):

https://medxpress.faa.gov/medxpress/Guides/MedXPressUsersGuide.pdf

Yes, there is -- see Block 18. There are around 25 yes/no questions. Read 'em and see what you think. And unless your AME's wife is either also an AME or an aviation attorney, you might think twice about taking her advice on a topic of this sensitivity and potential consequences.

I didn't see anything on block 18 about a broken bone. Unless that qualifies as an illness or disability.

For the last 3yrs visits, the list of a family physician "and previous visits" for routine things is acceptable? Any documentation needed ?

Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 365 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back