Lands Inn, Dayville, OR.

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
I flew into this spot on Sat. morning. I flew an old friend of mine in for breakfast. It sits on the side of a mountain, at 4000' MSL, and is 2300' long. It is grass of course, and not a standard approach on either end. I would recommend it if you are ever in the area.

Bob,

Leslie's going to be flying (commercial) into Portland next Tuesday. If you want want to take her in there, I have no objections :). V500 that goes roughly between those two points has an altitude of about 10,000, well within the capabilities of a C182!

In any case, she's going to be in town until Saturday, so I'm sure she'd like the opportunity to gt together with you or anyone else in the area!

I flew in there for breakfast about 2 years ago. I to would recommend it, friendly people and a good breakfast, but it is a bit of an unusual runway. As I recall if you use the full runway the end of it has about a 50 foot drop to it. No problem stopping and easy to accelerate for departure, but it is pretty much a one way runway.

Brian Case

Bob,

Leslie's going to be flying (commercial) into Portland next Tuesday. If you want want to take her in there, I have no objections :). V500 that goes roughly between those two points has an altitude of about 10,000, well within the capabilities of a C182!

In any case, she's going to be in town until Saturday, so I'm sure she'd like the opportunity to gt together with you or anyone else in the area!

I wish I was going to be in the Portland area, but I am 300 miles east in Vale.

Bob.

I flew in there for breakfast about 2 years ago. I to would recommend it, friendly people and a good breakfast, but it is a bit of an unusual runway. As I recall if you use the full runway the end of it has about a 50 foot drop to it. No problem stopping and easy to accelerate for departure, but it is pretty much a one way runway.

Brian Case

Brian, Yes it is a little different but if you can get down close to the end of 13 it is fairly easy I thought. If you google Stinson Bobcat, LLC and hit Runway on his menu you can see part of the runway. Bob

Here are a few of the pictures I took while I was at Lands Inn. Bob

Attachments

• IMG_0170.JPG
    IMG_0170.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_0167.JPG
    IMG_0167.JPG
    42.1 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_0171.JPG
    IMG_0171.JPG
    42 KB · Views: 13
Back