landing problem

Clark1961

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Display name:
dunno what happened - went out to change oil in the 'kota today - decided to do a few touch-n-goes to warm the oil - three take-offs, three landings...but the nose wheel only touched the ground once..:D (other than the first take-off)

Wind was calm so I had to do something to make it interesting....

very cool.
I haven't been able to do that yet. I have seen someone do it.

dunno what happened - went out to change oil in the 'kota today - decided to do a few touch-n-goes to warm the oil - three take-offs, three landings...but the nose wheel only touched the ground once..:D (other than the first take-off)

Wind was calm so I had to do something to make it interesting....
So, What'dja do?

very cool.
I haven't been able to do that yet. I have seen someone do it.

Relatively easy to do in the 'kota with it's huge stab. Had to do it in training with a 172 to get the sign-off. All aircraft are different and if they are pitch limited then you're not going to have enough control authority to do it easily.

I never have this problem, ;) but I'm guessing like mine, trimming all the way back would help keep the nose up.

Just be careful if you have to do a full throttle go around when trimmed all out.

On mine, the push yoke force to overcome full back trim on a go around can be daunting since one hand is flying and one is trimming.

Last edited:
If I ever let my nose "wheel" touch during landing then that would be a big problem indeed! :lol:

I never have this problem, ;) but I'm guessing like mine, trimming all the way back would help keep the nose up.

Just be careful if you have to do a full throttle go around when trimmed all out.

On mine, the push yoke force to overcome full back trim on a go around can be daunting since one hand is flying and one is trimming.

I don't trim to hold nose up so that isn't a potential problem.

Good work!

My nosewheel students would demo mains only touch and goes before they would solo. Nothing like building a good foundation.

Good work!

My nosewheel students would demo mains only touch and goes before they would solo. Nothing like building a good foundation.

That's how I was taught.

Here's a demonstration I like.

Back