Landing advice was taken well, thanks to all!!!

muleywannabe

Pre-takeoff checklist
Display Name

Display name:
Cherokee235
We did ground work for an hour before preflighting and getting ready to go. We went over soft field landings and take-offs. discussed how they work and so on.

my instructor simulated a soft field take off, we were up and running fast, nose down, seemed strange as could be.

Then he showed me two landings and takeoffs using the soft field method. Then it was my turn. First landing...GREASED! airspeeds were right on, comfort level was there it all clicked.

Take off, nose down, airspeed building, and we are off again, enter the pattern, good pattern work, stabilized approach, airspeed just right and....GREASED!

We did 8 landings total, I did 6, out of all 6 I never ballooned, or porpoised. I felt comfortable, I felt smooth, I thought the approaches were awesome, wasnt stressed....it all clicked! My instructor was so happy, It felt good to get it figured out. Now...on to more landings!

Thank you all for the advice, the youtube videos helped a lot, sight picture and airspeed advice helped. Great place right here!

We did ground work for an hour before preflighting and getting ready to go. We went over soft field landings and take-offs. discussed how they work and so on.

my instructor simulated a soft field take off, we were up and running fast, nose down, seemed strange as could be.

Then he showed me two landings and takeoffs using the soft field method. Then it was my turn. First landing...GREASED! airspeeds were right on, comfort level was there it all clicked.

Take off, nose down, airspeed building, and we are off again, enter the pattern, good pattern work, stabilized approach, airspeed just right and....GREASED!

We did 8 landings total, I did 6, out of all 6 I never ballooned, or porpoised. I felt comfortable, I felt smooth, I thought the approaches were awesome, wasnt stressed....it all clicked! My instructor was so happy, It felt good to get it figured out. Now...on to more landings!

Thank you all for the advice, the youtube videos helped a lot, sight picture and airspeed advice helped. Great place right here!

Awesome! Hopefully, very soon, I will be able to make a report like yours.

Any YouTube videos in particular that you found especially helpful?

That's great!

Now, go do it again to really cement it in.

I hadn't seen the Machado video before. Dang, that guy can explain anything.

Nice! I'm well over 200 landings and I'm still waiting for the time when I'm confident my NEXT landing will be great. LOL

Remember, no two landings are the same. Even after thousands of them you can still scare yourself. Wind, runway, terrain, attitude (yours not the planes) all contribute to varying landings.

The key is to get to a point where you are CONFIDENT no matter what you face you will deal with it, and 'do whatever it takes' to get on the runway.

That's when you can start to relax about them.

Back