Landing a Gastons A memorable flight ( Video)

Bob Bement

Pattern Altitude
Display Name

Display name:
Bob Bement
This was a few years before I flew into Gastons with Diana and the Forum guys and gals. I had two of my three children with me. We were flying in from Russellville, Ak. for breakfast. There was a storm a brewing to the North up in Mo. It was early in the morning so it is just a little dark in the video. For you that have watched other Gaston Videos, you might notice I forgot to open my oil checking door to get my speed slowed down on landing. But, I did manage to get it on the ground. Someone had parked along side the runway to give me a little more of a challenge. (Video) Bob
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JVyRFvg7A28

HAHA - I like the oil door comment. Will watch the video as soon as my cable gets installed (within the next 1 hour and 2 minutes)

Bob, I love your videos! Yours too Diana. When do get to see some more?
Well, aren't you sweet! :yes:

I made another one, but haven't put it out there yet...still debating. It has some old clips and, once again, is about a kind of personal journey.

Actually, Tom gave me the program Adobe Premier Elements to make videos, and I tried to use it for the first time today. But I got an error message trying to install it and it said I don't have SSE2 on my computer, whatever that means. :dunno:

Watched it. I wasn't aware there was a runway 34 at Gastons. Must be the new crosswind runway :D

Actually, Tom gave me the program Adobe Premier Elements to make videos, and I tried to use it for the first time today. But I got an error message trying to install it and it said I don't have SSE2 on my computer, whatever that means. :dunno:

From Adobe:
http://www.adobe.com/support/techdocs/331885.html said:
1. Make sure that the system meets the requirements for Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0.
Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0 may not run correctly on a system that doesn't meet the following requirements:
-- Intel Pentium 4, M, D, Extreme Edition or AMD Opteron or Athlon 64 (CPU must support SSE2)

Important: The following CPUs do not have SSE2 support and will not work with Adobe Premiere Elements 2.0: Intel Pentium III, AMD Athlon, AMD Athlon XP, or AMD Athlon XP-M.

Maybe you'll have to ask him to get you a new computer to run your new software!:yes::yes::yes:

Last edited:
Nice video. Not sure how you did it without the oil door speed brake, but somehow you pulled it off. Great job! :D

Watched it. I wasn't aware there was a runway 34 at Gastons. Must be the new crosswind runway :D

Skyhog------ I put that runway 34 in just to see if anyone would catch it, and you did. I might of meant runway 24 instead, I was a little distracted with the closed oil door. Bob :rolleyes:

Back