Lancaster, LNS next week

Anthony

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Anthony
POA buds, I'll be home the week of Christmas and staying in Lancaster for the week. It would be great to have lunch at LNS. If your interested, give me a call and we can arrange something. I won't have access to a computer, for a while, but can be reached on my cell. 610-308-3728. If I don't answer, just leave a message and I'll get back to you. Merry Christmas all!

I wish I could meet up with you, but I'll be up in VT with my wife's family. Too bad. Enjoy the trip.

Thanks Flyersfan. Maybe next time.

We will be down in Ocracoke if you want to come visit.

I'll buy the meal at Howards.

POA buds, I'll be home the week of Christmas and staying in Lancaster for the week. It would be great to have lunch at LNS. If your interested, give me a call and we can arrange something. I won't have access to a computer, for a while, but can be reached on my cell. 610-308-3728. If I don't answer, just leave a message and I'll get back to you. Merry Christmas all!

Works for me. What day is best, I'm pretty free Wednsday through Saturday. I'll give the cell a call in the next few days!

Gary

Works for me. What day is best, I'm pretty free Wednsday through Saturday. I'll give the cell a call in the next few days!

Gary

Anthony, Gary, Thursday is looking good weather wise. I might be able to make it. Keep the thread going.

John

Guys, looks like Wed, Thurs or Fri might work. I won't have access to a computer after this AM, but will try to get a phone list going and get the word out.

Bryon. Congrats on the Twinkie! Looking forward to seeing it.

Have a great Christmas everyone!

Spoke with Anthony this AM. Shooting for Friday 11:30-Noon. All are welcome. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Gary

Gary et al, tell Anthony "Hi" from me and ask him where he wants his portion of our next snowstorm delivered?

Spoke with Anthony this AM. Shooting for Friday 11:30-Noon. All are welcome. Hopefully the weather will hold out.

Gary

Tomorrow (Thurs) would have been a definate, I might still be able to make it Friday. I will keep you posted.

John

For those of interest, I'm going to try to make it too, Told the boss about it and he said OK if we're not swamped with work. Hope to see all of you there . Dave G

I will attempt to be there as well. Where are we meeting, the restaurant?

Sorry, the Twinkie is now at Smoketown and I doubt I will be able to get it to LNS before then.

Did anyone make it? I checked weather and it was 5sm ovcst at 10am. Did the Wx improve?

Yes there was 4 total there it was Anthony, Bob Bruneau, Me and i think his name was Gary (sorry).We met at 11:30 shot the bull and ate, then we left around 1:00, as for Wx was Great at LNS severe clear. You missed a good time. maybe in the spring we can start having monthly fly-ins again. we talked about that too.
Dave G.

Last edited:
Yes there was 4 total there it was Anthony, Bob Bruneau, Me and i think his name was Gary (sorry).We met at 11:30 shot the bull and ate, then we left around 1:00, as for Wx was Great at LNS severe clear. You missed a good time. maybe in the spring we can start having monthly fly-ins again. we talked about that too.
Dave G.

Dam....I forgot to check the Wx before leaving the house, I use Flitesoft, figured I do it at the A/P. Got to LDJ severe clear here also. Check a route briefing on their computer and LNS kept comming up 5sm ovcst, etc. I should have check surrounding and call 800 Wx Brief. DAM!

John

Dam....I forgot to check the Wx before leaving the house, I use Flitesoft, figured I do it at the A/P. Got to LDJ severe clear here also. Check a route briefing on their computer and LNS kept comming up 5sm ovcst, etc. I should have check surrounding and call 800 Wx Brief. DAM!

John

Lancaster and Reading both are sort of fog bowls. It's not at all unusual for one or both to report vis on the order of 3 sm or worse in the morning. Most of the time it's gone by 10 or 11, but sometimes you get haze at both and 3-5 sm (but no ceiling). My personal minimum in a VFR helicopter is 4 sm (below that, there is a real danger of losing the horizon -- a bad thing in a ship whose only gyro is an AI!).

Sounds like he'll miss the next one too.

You know Eric and Greg, this was one Christmas that I didn't mind missing in Denver. Hope you guys dug out OK.

Yep - all dug out, multiple times. Reminds me of my early childhood in Minnesota, with snowbanks over my head. Commonplace stuff up the hill from here, but not normal for Denver.

Darn it! I guess I should have checked in more! I was down in Harrisburg most of the week.

Missa

Darn it! I guess I should have checked in more! I was down in Harrisburg most of the week.

Missa

Yes you should. It would have been great to meet you! Next time Missa!

Back