Lady Falls From Sky - TWICE

The Fire Department removed the blades? I guess anybody can work on an experimental but even with that they have to have the repairman certificate.

actually mike, anyone can do maintenance on an experimental. repairman or A&P (not IA) is only required to do the yearly condition inspection, akin to an annual inspection.

tonycondon said:
actually mike, anyone can do maintenance on an experimental. repairman or A&P (not IA) is only required to do the yearly condition inspection, akin to an annual inspection.

Really?? That's awesome. Makes homebuilt airplanes even more interesting to me then.

tonycondon said:

It's sure nice having the Repairman's certificate for the experimental
I just built. No paying for maintenance and inspections any more.

yea nick, tell me about it. I do a lot of maintenance on my glider. this year i replaced a couple instruments a couple times, replaced the pitot hose, installed an antenna for my handheld, made two fabric patches (A&P assisted). Up for this winter is a total energy probe and some cockpit storage areas. eventually a full recovering and a instrument panel makeover will be on the list. I still work closely with my mechanic cause he's the one who will have to sign off the condition inspection and likes to know what is going on with it.

Back