Label making [NA]

Let'sgoflying!

Touchdown! Greaser!
Display Name

Display name:
Dave Taylor
How do you print a black label with white letters using Word or Excel or Notepad? Can you use white paper to do this?
Thanks

Let'sgoflying! said:
How do you print a black label with white letters using Word or Excel or Notepad? Can you use white paper to do this?
Thanks

Ahhh crap, I've done this. It's in the formatting you set the background color to what you want and pick the font color you want. I forget the exact strokes, but it's relatively easy.

Creat Word file. Go to the pulldown menu, select Format -> Background and then pick your background color. Go to pulldown menu, select Format -> Font and change "font color" to a contrasting color or white.

buy a label maker ... throw Word in the trash.

Using Ken's instructions I can see what I want on the screen, looks perfect.

Then when I print it on a 4x6 card, no printing occurs - it spits the unaltered card out as if it is completed but no words or background is applied to the card.
Print Preview shows a WHITE page (whereas the original document was BLACK with white letters).

Let'sgoflying! said:
Using Ken's instructions I can see what I want on the screen, looks perfect.

Then when I print it on a 4x6 card, no printing occurs - it spits the unaltered card out as if it is completed but no words or background is applied to the card.
Print Preview shows a WHITE page (whereas the original document was BLACK with white letters).
sorry 'bout that. I'm hacking trying to figure this out. I typically use a program other than Word for type effects.

Try this. Format -> Borders and Shading -> Shading. Select your color (4th row, first box is black.) Under Patterns, select Solid 100%. On the right, Apply To should show Paragraph as the option.

This will make your paragraph black. By putting carriage returns above and below your type, you can make a black background of whatever size. You do still have to set your type color to white (or whatever).

I use WordPerfect. No problems.

Create it in Paintbrush.

Back