KX99 adapter

WannFly

Final Approach
Display Name

Display name:
Priyo
I have a KX 99 antenna adapter... wondering if it’s worth keeping that junk in?

If that’s the one that disconnects the outside antenna when a handheld antenna cable is plugged in, maybe... if you have a handheld and want to get a custom cable made.

We have one but we don’t have the custom cable to BNC or SMA of a modern handheld.

Toss up whether it’s junk or not. The guts probably aren’t the best RF connection for the panel radio ever created. You also don’t want the internals breaking or corroding to the point where it makes your main radio deaf or dead from transmitting into an open.

Would prefer just having a separate antenna and coax for the handheld backups myself.

Yah I have heard that only causes interference with the audio panel and is just another point of failure. It is for plugging in the handheld, but I have never used it and don’t even have the specialized cable. I might just toss it and down the road do something for the handheld later down the road. Same with the handheld mic , the avionics guy says with the modern audio panel I can’t keep the mic plugged in, if I need to, just plug in the mic in one of pilot or copilot com jacks

Back