KWWD - Cape May, NJ (B-17, B-24 & B-25)

GMascelli

En-Route
Display Name

Display name:
GaryM
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Collings Foundation[/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]8/28 - 8/30 [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Cape May, NJ (B-17, B-24 & B-25) [/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Airport: Cape May County Airport [/FONT]

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Location: NAS Wildwood Museum[/FONT]

I am going to bag a half day of work Wednesday to go fly. Making a stop at MIV for lunch @ 12:45 or so, then off to WWD to check out the Bombers. Anyone else going to WWD?

Last edited:
Yeah, I knew about this. Wouldn't you know, the kids' camp is finished and school doesn't start for a week!!! Allllllllllllthough....KWWD isn't that far away. Maybe my 3yr old will stay quiet long enough for me to get down there.

The problem is if we go to KWWD, she'll want to go to the museum. If we go to the museum, she'll want to sit in all the "helis" - with daddy flying co-pilot. I'll have one daughter flying the helis, the other (6yr old) working the video displays, and meanwhile the Collins Foundation display will go on without me.

I really need that Swedish nanny I've been nagging my wife about....:cheerswine::D:yes:

I saw these guys a few weeks ago down at Scott AFB. I was on final behind the B24. A day later I took off after the B-24 and the B17 departed. Great view in the air of both.

They were landing at ILG (Wilmington DE) last night when I flew over. The B-17 was already on the ground when I was over the airport, but the B-24 was still in the air. It flew over the runway and did a wide circling approach to landing. It looked pretty cool from the air.

Later, when I was tying down at EVY the B-17 flew overhead (no mistaking the sound of those 4 radial engines).

It did a stint at my airport this past weekend. I got to see it come and go a few times. $400 bucks for a ride tho. Spoke witha few people who did it and they said it was worth it. I'll live vicariously with this one. If it's restored, it's consiodered experimental wheres the loophole for them being able to charge for rides? Just curious. What time are you planning on being there Gary? I might make the trip.

Just curious. What time are you planning on being there Gary? I might make the trip.

I'm bugging out of work around 11:45, meeting the Bride around noon then uncover and preflight. Lunch at KMIV (Cornerstone) and we should be in WWD around 1:45 - 2pm

I have to work at 5 and need to have the plane back by 3:30 or so. Maybe we can link up for a few.

Got your info, pm'ed my number to you. Have a safe flight down and I'll catch you at Cape May!

Back