Cleared for Takeoff
Display Name

Display name:
CLR2TKF
Data Current as of : 29 JAN 01:27 GMT

N31 KUTZTOWN[Back to Top]</U>

!IPT 12/279 N31 AD CLSD TSNT

Number of NOTAMs selected: 1 End of Report

Well, it was a nice run to try and save the airport. We knew it was comming, and a few of us made a dinner run in September which also happened to be the same night that the AOPA representative was there and there was a meeting to try and save the airport.

Now, as you can see above, the airport is now closed to Transient Aircraft. :frown2:

Well, it was a nice run to try and save the airport. We knew it was comming, and a few of us made a dinner run in September which also happened to be the same night that the AOPA representative was there and there was a meeting to try and save the airport.

Now, as you can see above, the airport is now closed to Transient Aircraft. :frown2:

And another one bites the dust! :sad::sad:

Gary

:frown3: So sad! I'm happy I had the opportunity to fly in for breakfast in a C170 with the QPA:frown3:

I made it in before I traded the 182. Quite a wavy runway. There was just no way in heck it was going to survive, but what a shame. At least we won't have to watch out for meatbombs up that way anymore.:frown3:

I'm going to miss Kutztown N31 had a bunch of GOOD meals there. And as far as the wavy runway it gave the place a differant ambeiance,now i guess i'll have to find somewhere else to go for the $100 hamburger.
Dave G.

I always hate seeing airports close. Very sad. :(

I've been flying into N31 & visiting the diner for 40 years. THE CLOSING OF THIS AIRPORT IS INDEED A SAD STORY! The food was better years ago when the diner was owned by Americans. There is NOTHING "Dutch"
about the food here but it isn't bad, just typical Greek Diner food.
Glad they stopped the smoking, it was terrible. Waitresses were always very helpful, efficient and nice.
The 'hundred dollar hamburger' people have really lost out in the name of GREED! (We really need another shopping center in this world...)
That sure was a challenging & fun runway.

The 'hundred dollar hamburger' people have really lost out in the name of GREED! (We really need another shopping center in this world...)
That sure was a challenging & fun runway.

Yes, very sad, was one of our favorite places for a short "just do something different" trip. Food was fine if unspectacular, but there was just that great ability to taxi right up to the place, really laid back and fun!. With a gusty west wind, the landing could be "challenging" :D

Gary

It would be nice if more people could do what Ed and his family did in purchasing 6Y9 and keeping it open. There are a few strips around here that I'd buy in that case... although the price would likely be prohibitive.

But then I could say I had my own airport! :D

It would be nice if more people could do what Ed and his family did in purchasing 6Y9 and keeping it open. There are a few strips around here that I'd buy in that case... although the price would likely be prohibitive.

But then I could say I had my own airport! :D
Two comments from you today about buying an airport. Right after buying a twin. Will you adopt me? I need a rich Papa.

Two comments from you today about buying an airport. Right after buying a twin. Will you adopt me? I need a rich Papa.

The buying an airport is dreaming. May as well dream big, right? :)

It's more driven by the fact that I am saddened to see airports close and am annoyed at the prospect of having to go deal with TSA to go fly my plane. Sadly, I'm certainly in no position to buy an airport, unless I bought a large enough plot of land to make a grass strip out back. Around here, I could probably actually trade my house for a smaller house with more land in an appropriate setup, but property values are cheap. I also don't see that happening in the near future.

Back